9.29.2011

Contrast

(Scheduled post -- this was about Wednesday and its outfit)

The title of the post refers to both the outfit and my day. Yesterday was just awful, I spent hours just crying...and I don't even know why. I feel much better now, thank goodness.

I really like this outfit. I usually am not one to like myself in jeans...I hate my legs because they are absolute stumps, and I feel that pants and jeans exaggerate them even more. But, this outfit, I like. The hat is going to be a regular in my outfits, that's for sure. The earrings I'm wearing are actually one of my favorites, but I wasn't able to snap a good shot of them. I apologize! The shoes, I will wear till they fall off my feet (they were $10 and they're Oxfords, good reasons to wear them till they die). And about the tear in the jeans...I don't really like torn jeans that much, unless they're black, and this pair was not bought like this. I didn't even cut them with scissors or anything. Actually, I tore them when I fell during a game of touch football and my neighbor pushed me (he always plays rough around me...but then again, I am not merciful towards him either...we both injure each other, unintentionally, of course!) down by accident. But the funny thing is, we were playing on the grass. Those blades of grass must have been awfully sharp!





Hat -- random store in mall; Earrings -- F21; Top -- Marshall's; Jeans -- PacSun; Shoes -- Kmart

Today was absolutely beautiful, weather wise. Just the right amount of breeze so that I didn't feel cold or warm, and it was misty and romantic. Man, just give me rain and I'll go weak with mushiness.

I finally got to go to our art museum, but it wasn't because I had a quarter this time (I forgot my wallet again!). My friend happened to be on campus so we met up and went to explore the museum. We somehow stumbled upon this one crazy exhibit that was intriguing yet scary at the same time. Turns out it showcased the art created by Fluxus, a society at RU that had interests in art through a variety of media--films, games, recreation, painting, sculpture, etc. It was fascinating, until this random projector turned on and played a film completely out of the blue. The sound made me jump so violently! And then, my friend and I found this room, and it was dark so we were curious...but there was this extremely frightening sculpture in there, I can't even describe it. I have never feared a piece of art like that before. It was terrifying!

In all, today was a great day. Made a new friend too!

To those that read all of this, KUDOS! And thanks for listening, hahaha.

While I'm here, I guess I'd like to point out our tabs on the top of the page. First of all, do visit us on our other sites too, if you wish. This blog is only one side of us, so if you wish to know more, click on the Web Presence tab.

But most importantly, check out our Style Challenge Project. We really want to start that soon (preferably as the new year starts) so in order to make that happen, we need YOUR HELP! Get the word out about our project, because we really want this to be an interactive blog too.

Now before someone pipes up and says something along the lines of how we should blog for ourselves and not for others, you're right, but that's exactly what we're doing right now. Our blog is not about publicity at all, it is only here because of our love for fashion. Having said that, we do have a vision for this blog, though. We want to be able to communicate and interact with our fellow bloggers in this so-called blogosphere. We want to find more people that we can connect to. Our Style Challenge Project is mainly about that--the interaction with other blogs and encouraging them to keep going down the path of personal style.

So we really need your support! Spread the word :)

Thank you so much to the few readers we have had so far. We did not expect this at all, especially since we're such a new blog! Thank you, it means a lot to us.

-Rose
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. that's terrible you spent most of the day crying... although I have days like that, too! too often! I hope you feel more at ease soon.

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pants are tough to wear, I agree. I almost always go for dresses/skirts again. But, you look lovely, and I hope that your week has improved remarkably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an amazing face, so charming for your smiles,and you have a bravo casual style,I will be back soon,dear,you look so pretty and charming
    romwe

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig