Today is my last day in India. I am actually at the airport right now typing this on a word document. By the time this is posted I’ll be back in my small violet sanctuary (bedroom).
Although I have only been here for about two and half weeks, leaving now is kind of hard. I didn’t really expect to become so close to these people that I hadn’t seen for over six years, but I did. I’m really happy about that. Even though I’m going back to my mom and brother now, I feel like I’m leaving behind a whole other family.
The whole trip itself was a complete success. You guys would not believe how much I did, learned, ate! Emphasis on the ‘ate’. I honestly believe I gained more weight in the past couple of days then I have at any other point in my life. They love to feed you, and you can't say 'no' knowing they spent so much time cooking just for you.
Ok guys brace yourselves for my greatest accomplishment this summer: I. Learned. How. To. Ride. A. Scooter. BOO-YAHH. It’s fairly simple really; pretty much like riding a bike…that’s on steroids. I did ride on the highway where there are actually other cars, so I’m proud. :-)
| Me driving! |
Shopping in India was so…different. Ahh I can’t even explain, but everything was easier. Like you didn’t really have to look; you just had to tell them what you wanted, and they would get it for you. It’s kind of cool, but I love to look through, so I would get annoyed after a while.
Anyway, I did a lot of shopping. The only problem I had was that all the dresses were in one style because only that specific style was trending. I always hate when there is something trending because EVERYONE wears whatever it is. It’s like with the high-waisted skirts, everyone was wearing them. That just makes fashion so boring to me.
Well I’m about to board now, so I’ll just leave it there. Bye India! Gonna miss all the great memories!
| Goodbye India :'( -Violet. |
No comments
Post a Comment