My floormate saw me today and she told me I looked festive. It took her a while to get the word out though. It was almost as if she didn't want to say ethnic or plain old brown.
I usually don't like to repeat outfits, but this one I love to bits. I wore it once to go wandering around princeton with some friends, but I never got to document it. I was going to submit it to Teen Vogue for the Snapshot Contest, but I was lazy. The only difference really from that day's outfit and today's is my hair piece. The last time I wore this, I still had a feather in my hair, but just a tassel, not a headband. But on both occasions, my hair was braided.
The weather is getting cooler, and I am slowly realizing that planning out fall style is not for me. No matter how hard I try to stick to a certain style with certain types of clothing, I can't. Being of eclectic taste and all, I like everything busy, quirky, different and can never do simple without looking awful. So, I decided to give all style plans a rest, and just wear what I have. Once the majority of the clothes in my wardrobe die, I might try to replenish it with pieces that adhere to a certain style. But then again, that's coming from a girl who still wears tops that she bought in sixth grade...I can't let go of my clothes, so this might take a while. Until then, an organized mess my closet shall stay.
-Rose
I usually don't like to repeat outfits, but this one I love to bits. I wore it once to go wandering around princeton with some friends, but I never got to document it. I was going to submit it to Teen Vogue for the Snapshot Contest, but I was lazy. The only difference really from that day's outfit and today's is my hair piece. The last time I wore this, I still had a feather in my hair, but just a tassel, not a headband. But on both occasions, my hair was braided.
Headband -- Claire's; Tanks -- ??; Vest -- my mom's closet; skirt -- gifted, shoes -- Kohl's
(as always, click photos to enlarge)
I fell asleep in Calculus again, and I expect to fall asleep in Bio again too. I don't know why this is happening. It's not like I am tired or bored or anything, it has become automatic.The weather is getting cooler, and I am slowly realizing that planning out fall style is not for me. No matter how hard I try to stick to a certain style with certain types of clothing, I can't. Being of eclectic taste and all, I like everything busy, quirky, different and can never do simple without looking awful. So, I decided to give all style plans a rest, and just wear what I have. Once the majority of the clothes in my wardrobe die, I might try to replenish it with pieces that adhere to a certain style. But then again, that's coming from a girl who still wears tops that she bought in sixth grade...I can't let go of my clothes, so this might take a while. Until then, an organized mess my closet shall stay.
-Rose
No comments
Post a Comment