6.13.2016

rad (dad) uniform



*Before I dive in, I just hope that everyone begins this week remembering that love is love, and there's no place for hate of any kind.*

I like to call this look my "dad" look. Well, one of my dad looks, because I actually have a few. Something about the ease of dressing in high-rise, relaxed and straight denim, adding a T-shirt, and throwing on a denim jacket over everything makes me so content. Of course, I have to slip into my trusty Pumas, or the look isn't complete. 

I guess I tried to make things a little less dad and a little more rad (okay, so that was lame rhyming but isn't it very dad of me to make that rhyme in the first place?) by swapping a plain T-shirt for a split-back one. It's not the most flattering of pieces, as it hangs very loosely and resembles a tent when the wind picks up, but it's extremely comfortable. And it's a great Six Flags shirt, in case you were wondering. 

In any case, this was the day that my tripod gave, so my next order of business is to get a new one. I've been procrastinating getting around to it, however, prioritizing other purchases over the much more needed tripod. If you recommend any, please send links my way either via the comments or email! 

Madewell top (kinda similar), jeans (similar); American Eagle jacket (similar); Puma shoes (similar ones here); DIY choker (similar ones here) 




SHARE:

6 comments

  1. amazing look, thanks for sharing!

    xx Melis
    http://fashionmews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe, rad dad indeed ;)
    I'm digging it actually! That split back top makes it super interesting and style mixed with comfort? You just can't beat that

    PS: I'm crazy jealous you got to see Tame Impala 0_o

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh stupid, cheapo tripods. What always gets me is that they still get good reviews on Amazon!

    Anyways, I'm totally feeling your dad inspired look :D Love the diy choker and back split shirt. That patchwork denim jacket is so on trend and so cute. It reminds me of a denim vest I also got from American Eagle a few years ago. Thanks for reminding me to go dig it up :D

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Linda! Honestly, I'd pick a Dad outfit over any other look...there's a reason they dress the way they do (COMFORT).
    And omg, Tame Impala was amazing, even I can't believe that actually happened! If you get a chance, they're a must-see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, yes the reviews always gyp me! Haha yea, my denim jacket is my safety blanket :) Thanks, Mili!!

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig