6.24.2016

patterns


This was my first proper venture out into Brooklyn. My previous experiences in the borough had strictly to do with events, so I never really took the time to walk around and notice how quiet it is, compared to the noise of Manhattan. I went back into the city a couple times after this trip, and each time, I found myself back in Brooklyn. 

It's funny how that works out for me. My city trips have this pattern where I end up in the same neighborhoods within certain time frames. Before Brooklyn, it was the West Village, every, single trip. 

Mili and I met up for this photoshoot -- catch her post here -- after deciding on the Brooklyn Botanic Garden as the backdrop. She kindly took these photos of me in the rose garden on her camera, as I was unable to bring mine along that day (fussy lens problems the morning of + me running late = no camera). It is so reassuring having a fellow blogger take outfit photos, and yet, I still manage to act incredibly awkward. 

That just may be me, though. I get very self-conscious in front of the camera. 

Fun fact, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden was where Rufus and Lily were supposed to get married on Gossip Girl. Any other GG obsessors around? 

Old Navy dress; Zara bomber jacket (on sale!); Puma shoes (similar ones here); Call It Spring choker
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. So lucky you and Mili get to meet up and do each other's photographs - they always turn out lovely! Great print on this dress girl, and I love love love that choker!!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss and it's great that both of us live fairly close to the city too, so it can always serve as a backdrop :) Thank you, Linda! Hope you get a chance to come out here soon so that we can all get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving that bomber, babe! And I didn't realize you and Mili were friends. I've always loved her photography, no wonder these photos are fine! =)

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's rad and yesssss the jacket is my fave! thanks, carla!

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig