1. Let's Go Surfing -- The Drums
2. Miasma Sky -- Baths
3. It's Good To Be In Love -- Frou Frou
4. OMYGOD! -- Kate Nash
5. Tropicalia -- Beck
6. Impossible -- Shout Out Louds
7. Diplomat's Son -- Vampire Weekend
8. Waters of March -- Art Garfunkel
9. Nantes -- Beirut
10. Dance Anthem Of The 80's -- Regina Spektor
11. Better Together -- Jack Johnson
12. Goodnight and Go -- Imogen Heap
13. Elle Me Dit -- MIKA
14. Too Good -- Drake, Rihanna
-----------------------
I've been slacking on my playlists y'all. June was such a whirlwind that I didn't even get a chance to listen to much of the month's tunes.
Since June is my birthday month, however, I packed the playlist with some of my favorite summer songs. I had to tack on Drake and Rihanna's "Too Good" at the end because of all the new popular songs, I'm loving that the most. (The rest of my favorite pop jams will go on the July list!)
It's been a very long time since I enjoyed my birthday month so much. My friends and I kicked it off with a fun, beachy day trip to Montauk during the Memorial Day Weekend (okay, so that was technically May, but since it was the end of the month, I'll count it as June).
Then we spent a day in Brooklyn, starting in Williamsburg, nomming on all the foods at Smorgasburg. After some prancing around in DUMBO, we ended the day with games at Barcade, and a fantastic midnight show by Albert Hammond Jr. at the Brooklyn Bowl.
My father's birthday is in early June, and we decided to do hot pot for dinner; after thoroughly enjoying the experience (and the food), our bellies were so full, we could barely walk out of the restaurant and back to the car.
Before I knew it, it was Tame Impala Day (yes, that's how I marked it in my calendar). While we wandered around the city, my friend and I spotted Christina of Trop Rouge in the Magnum pop-up store, Ali Michael outside the same shop, and Karlie Kloss inside a bakery. And of course, we saw Tame Impala at the end of the day in Prospect Park. Their performance definitely made my top 5 concert experiences (the others are the Strokes at Gov Ball 2014, Phoenix at Gov Ball 2014, and Vampire Weekend the two times that I saw them, with Bombay Bicycle Club missing the list very, very narrowly).
After that, my friends and I went strawberry picking and whipped up some hand pies and braided turnover things with the berries. Even though we grossly miscalculated the amount of rhubarb we needed for our pies, we managed pretty well!
I ended the month with an incredibly happy, low-key, celebration of my birthday with my family. I am so glad that I got to enjoy the company of my family and friends so much in one month.
How was your June? What is your most memorable moment from the month? And of course, to what music have you been grooving these past few weeks?







No comments
Post a Comment