Lauren of Someone Like You is one of those bloggers whose posts I look forward to each day. She's got this amazing, almost saccharine, style that is not only practical but also REAL. Her honesty and focus on overall beauty throughout is so refreshing and cuts through the heaps of trend-driven outfit posts that we see so often in the style-blogger realm.
She recently did a tag post and created her own for all her readers to do. I thought I'd give it a go because I did kind of re-do this blog, so might as well write a post where I tell you more about myself.
1. What's your dream job?
My impractical dream job is something only possible in unrealistic rom-coms. I'd probably want to hold a head position in some sort of firm where my only real responsibilities are interacting with creative minds (and discuss what, I don't know), eating gourmet food, sporting pieces fresh off the runway and wearing only highest of the high-end beauty products. Of course, blogging would be a thing too, but it would be a super glamorous activity.
My practical dream job is to hold a position at a pharmaceutical company--preferably in the advertising/marketing department. I feel like that would be perfect for my science background while still entertaining my more creative tendencies.
My practical dream job is to hold a position at a pharmaceutical company--preferably in the advertising/marketing department. I feel like that would be perfect for my science background while still entertaining my more creative tendencies.
2. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be and why?
The fan girl in me would cry "why only one???" but she'd probably end up choosing a member from Vampire Weekend, my all-time favorite band. (I know that I didn't pick anyone socially influential but hey, their music kind of did good things to me during the dark ages, aka high school.)
On a more serious note, I'd really love to meet Smita Patil, my favorite Hindi film actress from back then in the day. She passed away early in her life but a good chunk of her films were commentaries on social injustices in India. It would be so amazing to be able to discuss the importance of equality with her.
Wait, can I rope in Beyoncé as well?
3. Live without your phone, or live without your computer?
Phone. My computer's my life.
4. What's one place in the world you're dying to travel to?
LONDON -- since age 8.
5. If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Am I copping out by saying black? It's just so easy! If we were going by favorite colors, I guess pink or orange -- but I'm not so sure I'm on board with that.
Am I copping out by saying black? It's just so easy! If we were going by favorite colors, I guess pink or orange -- but I'm not so sure I'm on board with that.
6. Nutella or peanut butter?
Nutella, but neither really. I'm not too big a fan of sweet spreads...savory food is everything.
Nutella, but neither really. I'm not too big a fan of sweet spreads...savory food is everything.
7. What's one physical trait and one personality trait that you love about yourself?
I love my nose and shoulders, is that weird? I think my favorite personality trait is my loyalty to those that are dear to me.
I love my nose and shoulders, is that weird? I think my favorite personality trait is my loyalty to those that are dear to me.
8. What's your favorite season?
The blogger in me wants to say early fall because you know, prime outfit season and all. But the real answer is summer, definitely!
The blogger in me wants to say early fall because you know, prime outfit season and all. But the real answer is summer, definitely!
9. What's your favorite drink?
Coconut water.
Coconut water.
10. Name someone who inspires you and why.
Cliched answer but my mother. She has been through way too much and she sacrifices so much for the family, it's a little ridiculous. I only ever strive to be like her.
Cliched answer but my mother. She has been through way too much and she sacrifices so much for the family, it's a little ridiculous. I only ever strive to be like her.
11. If you could be in any movie, which would it be?
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain or Midnight in Paris! When I was younger though, I had crazy crushes on the Harry Potter cast (like every other fan out there!) and would dream of sharing their experiences.
I hope my answers weren't too boring!
I would love to see you all do this tag as well. Here are my questions:
If any of you decide to answer these questions on your blogs, send me a link via email or twitter (links to everything on my sidebar, via social media buttons I'm super proud of)! I would be very interested in getting to know more about you all!
-Sampada
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain or Midnight in Paris! When I was younger though, I had crazy crushes on the Harry Potter cast (like every other fan out there!) and would dream of sharing their experiences.
I hope my answers weren't too boring!
I would love to see you all do this tag as well. Here are my questions:
1. What book would you want to transport yourself into?
2. Preferred superpower?
3. You've been gifted $100. What are you going to do with it?
4. Biggest pet peeve?
5. What's a trend from the past that you've worn and made a conscious decision to wear that you're super embarrassed of today? It doesn't have to be a fashion-related thing but could be a slang term, or a lifestyle choice...whatever works!
6. Sweet or savory? What's your favorite sweet/savory dish?
7. What is your life's motto?
8. Name one item in your house you cannot live without (let's try to leave electronics out though).
9. Do you like museums? If so, what exhibit was your favorite thus far?
10. Name one task on your bucket list.
If any of you decide to answer these questions on your blogs, send me a link via email or twitter (links to everything on my sidebar, via social media buttons I'm super proud of)! I would be very interested in getting to know more about you all!
-Sampada

cute blog
ReplyDeleteMay be we can follow each other. Please let me know
http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/
Twitter / tumblr/ instagram: @fashionrlounge
A chic kiss ;)
Haha, that sounds EXACTLY like my official dream job also!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog!!!
ReplyDeleteWould you like to follow each other on GFC and FB... let me I will follow you back soon!!!!
http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it
Kiss
Tnx for visiting... Keep in touch darling!!!
ReplyDeleteKisss
great post :)
ReplyDeletehttp://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au
Love it
ReplyDeletehttp://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/
Twitter / tumblr/ instagram: @fashionrlounge
A chic kiss ;)
amazing post...glad i found your blog
ReplyDeletehttp://islandchic77.com/
I so agree with her on mom's being so inspiring--how do they do it half the time?! I think my mom is wonder woman. Heck, I think both my parents are wonder people!
ReplyDeleteAh! I loved learning more about you in this post. I've yet to try coconut water, I always hear rave reviews about it but then some people just straight up don't like it. One day I'll make the daring move to try it, haha.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're definitely not copping out by saying black. Although when it comes to going to weddings...that might be a problem. ;)
ooh what an interesting right up.. very thoughtful x
ReplyDeleteSmita Patil was all about elegant dusky-beauty.
ReplyDeleteLove her. Such an amazing actress.
I would totally survive without my phone too but my laptop, uh noh.
Love your blog. :)
-Ru
Glitter And Blush
[If you would like to show support by following each other, let me know? :)
Also, there's a giveaway on my blog, if you would like to join?]
Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteFollow back and enter my contest!
www.moorehisstyle.com
I can't agree more with you. Savory food all the way! xx
ReplyDeletehttp://rosalindatj.blogspot.com
Great post. Loved this. & i would totally choose nutella over peanut butter as well! glad i found your blog, can't wait to see more. keep in touch :)
ReplyDeletex leah symonne x
itsleli.blogspot.com
This is such a fun post! I've also always wanted to visit London :D
ReplyDeleteMy roommate is one of those savory > sweet people, too!
ReplyDeleteCoconut water is so yummy! xx
ReplyDeletehttp://rosalindatj.blogspot.com
I would totally also wear black for the rest of my life lol. And the phone thing is too true as well, it's like an extension of my body lol.
ReplyDeleteMili
This is such a fun idea!
ReplyDelete