2.18.2014

beautiful mistakes

10_0011 8_0009 7_0008 5_0006 2_0003
14_0015

These are some shots from the film photos I had developed recently. I found my family's first camera a little over a year ago and thought I'd bring it back to life. I love the unexpectedness of film photography--you really don't know what you'll get.

The majority of my reel was horribly shaky or flooded with flash so I chose some of the better ones to show you all. The New York shots are obviously not the best (I blame the rain from that day) but I still think that there's something beautiful about them. They have this nostalgic effect that makes it seem like they were photographed in the early 90's.

Room shots are my specialty because my bedroom is where I stay 85% of the time in my life. Over winter break, I took down all those magazine pages in an effort to become more "adult." My now bare walls are slightly frightening but I'm glad the photos exist to remind me of my source of inspiration in my teenage years. I think that last bedroom photo is my favorite of the bunch (the snow one is a close second), although I'm not sure what that black strip is doing there on the right.

I recently received another film camera as a hand-me-down from my uncle, so I'm going to try that one out next.

-Sampada 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. oh yes, these pictures are wonderful. like it,
    thanks for sharing!
    kiss
    Maren Anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love film too. I haven't used my Mamiya twin lens reflex in such a long time - I'd love to bust it out again soon!

    xo, Liz
    www.casualconcern.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos! Thank you for stopping by my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like these effects! they make pictures very special!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures!I love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah, I took a Film Photography class 2 semesters ago and was really enchanted by the process (except for actually devloping the film... that was long and annoying, hahahah). These photos are beautiful, I especially love the one with the red "stripes" at the top. I think the mistakes are what really are fun--then you can use those to your advantage by remembering what you did to make that mistake and make even more beautiful mistakes with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are really cool! I especially love the photo of the magazine pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are really good and you're right, the unexpectedness of film photography is so exciting!

    Kaylee
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how interesting these photos are, they depict something average in a very unusual and pretty way

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures came out so cool! Love all the effects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the pictures came out so nice!

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig