2.12.2014

music and such

am-1

shirt: brother's closet; top: H&M; jeans: AEO; shoes: New Balance; bag: Coach

When it comes to spending money, I cannot justify paying over $30 for items of clothing. Actually, a price tag above $20 is enough to have me put the garment back on the rack and leave the store. Call me cheap, but with fast fashion, I really don't think it's worth paying so much. Designer wear is another story (but by the time I work up a budget for that...). 

For events, however, I loosen up a bit. This is especially true if the event in question is a concert. My family collectively whines every time I bring up a new show by one of my favorite bands because I've been to so many already. I think that the splurges are worth it in this case because seeing artists that mean so much up close is an absolutely magical experience. 

I wore this outfit to see Arctic Monkeys on Saturday. My friend and I sat outside MSG for four hours in the cold so that we could get up front in the standing area, and the freezing conditions paid off because we were SO CLOSE. You can check out my Instagram for a video of a very special song, something I never thought I would have the chance to experience.

The concert was seriously perfection--it was everything my friend and I hoped for and more. It's right on par with my Vampire Weekend experience (they're my all-time favorite band). In May, we will be seeing Tokyo Police Club and I cannot wait. 

Who are your favorite artists? Have you ever been to a concert that was beyond perfect? 

-Rose

**Photo credits to Amma
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Your hair looks so pretty in these photos and the concert sounds like so much fun. A girl in my class was talking about how she just saw them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such a great time! I love the polka dot top, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome outfit, I completely agree with you, with fast fashion it's so hard to justify spending so much money when there will be a new trend sooner or later, concerts on the other hand only last a while.
    so jealous you got to see Arctic Monkeys live <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove the polkadot top!!

    http://steffisanta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's worth it to splurge on concerts too. I think my favourite concert was Aerosmith. I've seen them twice and it was magic. I've seen Arctic Monkeys too and Loved that concert as well.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite signer is BigBang! Do you know this Korean group?
    I love your fashion style with dot shirts,

    ★We're introducing Korean fashions, please visit http://fashioninkorea.org/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love,love,love its simple and casual
    xoxo sarina and levina
    http://commeorstylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig