2.10.2014

evolution

varsity-2

varsity-1a

varsity-6a

varsity-4

varsity-5a

jacket: F21; top: H&M; jeans: AEO; shoes: New Balance

As I grew up, I tended to have these phases in my personal style. When I was really young, single digits and all, I loved the color pink. If something was frilly and in the form of a frock, it had to be mine. And then, once I hit my tween age, I saw the appeal in the tomboy aesthetic. 

As a teen, I was somewhat confused about what I liked. Early on, I fell in love with vintage and would pride myself for my "grandma-chic" tastes. Then, I became experimental and mixed patterns together (super early renditions are extremely embarrassing and cringe-worthy...the later ones are much better). 
Now I'm not in my teens anymore and I find myself attracted to the comfort of the essentials. My wardrobe is not exactly tailored to my current interests, but I am slowly adding and eliminating as I go. The goal is to get to a closet with sophisticated pieces that are equally as comfortable as chic. 

Since I am pursuing a career that has a daily dress code of business casual, I need to be able to mix and match pieces for work and home situations. 

Hmm...I kind of went off on a tangent there, but I think it's marvelous how style can evolve. Sometimes it's erratic and sometimes it's fluid, but the change in one's personal style remains. I'm not so sure what the influencing factors are exactly in my case, but I think it's cool nonetheless.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love a great blouse with sneakers! So cute!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the varsity jacket, sweetie! we've sort of reached the same level of dressing nowadays, but that's a good thing :)

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig