4.03.2014

monotony


4-2-14_4 4-2-14_3 4-2-14_2 4-2-14_5

jacket, shoes, dress, shades: forever 21; tights: target; socks: joe fresh

My university has 4 (technically 5 but two of them are kind of mushed into one) different campuses and all my classes are on the one focused on the STEM fields of study, which makes sense considering my choice of major. It can get tiresome though, to have to see the same faces every day of the week. 

Whenever I get a chance, I hop on a bus and head to a different campus. I like to bring my camera along on the days I have some free time between classes, so that I can snap subjects for my CollegeFashionista pieces. This week I had enough time left before pharmaceutical chemistry to take some outfit shots for the blog. 

I love shooting in this area of campus. The architecture refreshingly strays from the more industrial and contemporary structures everywhere else, and it acts kind of like a calm island between college and city activities and people. 

On a side note, I definitely need to figure out more poses for outfit photos. 

-Sampada 

P.S. Not apologizing for my recent absence because life happens, but for more frequent updates, check out my Instagram (shameless plug woohoo). 

Also, I'm considering organizing an unofficial, small-scale meetup for any bloggers around the tri-state area. It will probably happen sometime in the summer. If you are interested, please contact me somehow! (Check the tab above for ways to get in touch.) More details to come, depending on the interest shown. 

Speaking of blogger meetups, I must mention this: I was literally four feet away from Bonnie of Flashes of Style a few weeks back. We were at the same event. Unfortunately I spotted her when I was feeling somewhat faint, and when I regained my energy, I couldn't find her again. Lost opportunity to gush over my love for her blog...oh, well! (Maybe we can invite her to our meetup, if we can get it going!)
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Really love all the pictures! And Im a fan of Flashes of style too! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes sense that you'd want to travel somewhere else after seeing all the same people, haha! These pictures look so good--I love that quilted jacket! May your weekend be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool sunglasses!!

    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilted jacket and sunglasses combination looks effortlessly cool. Work it, girl. And I didn't realize you study at Rutgers - that's where I graduated from! Old Queens is such a beautiful place for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh i love your dress! the print is so beautiful :) i just took a look at your collegefashionista page and saw that you go to rutgers! i have a lot of friends who go there and i think someone you took a pic of actually went to my high school. haha what a small world! :)

    http://katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cool print dress girly!
    Also, a blogger meet up would be so cool...wish I was in the area.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the jacket. The quilted texture is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A change of scenery is always a good thing. I don't think I've ever been to whichever campus you're on. It's giving off hardcore old school, east coast vibes-- I like :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit with lovely lady. You also might look good in desi avtar as you got body for that.

    Regards - http://www.jomso.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig