12.13.2011

Night to Day

In my opinion its probably the worst idea to save party-ish dresses for a party. There are so many ways to wear something that no article of clothing should have a specific category.

I thought I would try and apply this to my homecoming dress. Not all of the outfits came out that well, but it's like in math when you doing know how to do a problem. You have to just put stuff together, and hope it turns out well. I'll be the first to admit that some of these are not the greatest, but there they are:


1. Super Simple: Not really one of my favorites at all, but I like the idea that you can change a whole look with one shirt. Probably didn't change this in a positive way, I like the off the shoulder look though!


Matchy-Matchy: This doesn't really change the whole look of the dress, but I feel like since the cardigan is wool, it has a more homely feel. It's also a little big which always makes me feel really comfortable. The colors also matched really well!


How would that work?: Always try something that you would least expect to work. Some of my favorites outfits come out of the most mismatch-y-est things ever. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this one, but I figured I might as well try it.


Dress or Skirt?: Dresses are the best because if you ever get bored of them, they can easily be transformed into a skirt. The greatest part is that no scissors are required, just a belt and a crop top. For this dress, I completely fell in love with the bottom part, so I wanted to see how it would look as a skirt. I actually really like this one!


Add a little more: I don't know about other dresses, but for this one I felt like the top gave it most of its fancy look. A quick scarf quickly covered that up. However it did not look that amazing by itself. That's when I added the jacket which in my opinion really completes the look.

I used my combat boots for all of the outfits because I think they have a super chill look to them. Also because I was too lazy to change them. SORRY!

Anyway I really like the second to last look so I might wear it to school one day....hmmmm.

-Violet
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love that first outfit. So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I'm the same, I wear dressy dresses all the time. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this skirt and the different ways to wear it!

    The boots are a brand called Liberty of London. They were part of their line for Target. It's very possible you have the same pair!

    Thanks for the book suggestions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you remixed all of these! My favorite is the one with the scarf and jacket--love the mixed prints and how edgy the outfit looks. This is a really good idea, especially for a fashionista on a budget like myself. ;) Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh! i love that crop top sweater! beautiful!! you don't have anything on your list at all? Haha, you sound like me every other year. I am so indecisive!

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh every single look is so great! You've totally transformed the dress each time! Great job!

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig