Forgive me for the jarring edits in the photos. Still trying to figure things out about this editing business (if any picmonkey savvy readers would like to help me out, leave suggestions in the comments please!) so yea, not quite sure what to do. I'm going to take a moment of self indulgence and say that in spite of the weird vibes from the photo, I quite like the way my hair looks. Yay!
Anyway, the title of the post refers to the first round of exams that seriously whooped my butt (with the exception of sociology) and how they made me realize that I've been spending way too much time goofing off and not focusing on what's important for my career. I mean, one always needs to incorporate enjoyment into life, but too much can be distracting from more pressing issues. And to a regular ole student like me, who is hoping to get through college to land a personally and financially satisfying job...studies matter. And I took my situation for granted, and it's now the time to get crackalackin' and whip out the grades I have the potential to earn. That was the disappointing bit.
There are quite a few delightful bits: a) I can dress nicely again, the way I want, because exams are over b) I sat down and wrote a good priority list that sorted out what to focus on and how to indulge all at the same time c) I get to watch television tonight, without feeling guilty! WHOAH!! d) Mother is making me a traditional shrimp dish tonight and I can't wait. Violet, if you are reading this, nope, not shrimp curry...but shrimp fry. I'm really excited.
Well, off to class (as per usual), but I'll leave you with a couple questions: how do you organize your life? Also, are you getting tired of my print-mixing craze yet? (To be fair, I pretty much only own prints...barely any solids!)
-Rose
-Rose



Ooh I love the bright colors! xx
ReplyDeleteYour bright prints are perfect for the last days of winter :) I am on the same boat as you, I have totally been slacking in school :( Time to be organized! As for picture editing, I don't know that site, but free programs like Picasa & Gimp (it's basically like free photoshop) are awesome. There are soo many tutorials out there on how to use them, and as someone who used to use them, I can say I found them very user friendly (specially picasa.)
ReplyDeleteMili from call me, Maeby
I'm sure you'll figure it out girl! Sounds like you're already prioritizing things like you should. I have to do the same - balancing school, work, and a blog are hard work! And always make room for some "me time" That necessary to stay sane haha
ReplyDeleteLove your bold print mixing :)
The skirt is so pretty!
And I'm definitely following your blog through GFC and Bloglovin now - I won't miss a post this way! ^^
Trendy Teal
I am sure you'll figure it out!! I think that our generation puts soooo much pressure on ourselves. Its crazy! I adore the ring btw and thanks so much for your lurvely comment!
ReplyDeleteLovely outfit :)
ReplyDeleteMarianna.
http://stylestarmjonas.blogspot.it
Your so pretty!!! Your pics are fab!!I'd love you to check out my blog x
ReplyDeleteThat is a cute outfit!
ReplyDeletePicmonkey is great, but its recently started charging for membership.
Which is when i turned to pixlr.com!
great blog.
Love,
Shubhi's Revels!