2.11.2013

backstage beauty






Wow, isn't she gorgeous? Can some identify this model for me?


Lindsey's my favorite. She looks ravishing!
[source: style.com]

Recently I've been fascinated with beauty products...I used to swear off of makeup, saying how I liked to stay natural. I still do, which is why I stay away from the likes of eye-shadow and foundation, but I do so not because of haughtiness (which, unfortunately, was my reason for shunning beauty products before...I thought I was proving a point.) but more because I don't like to do too many things to my face.

I am, however, currently obsessing over blushes and lip products. I just cannot get enough of lipsticks (I have a collection of twelve already, and it's growing!). I am, however, a little unsure of how to approach blushes, especially for my skin-tone. Do I go with coral? Will pink ever look good on me? What about plums? I like all the colors, I wish I could just wear them without worrying about suiting my skin. (If you have any tips, leave them down below!).

Anyway, the point of this post was to express my new interest in backstage happenings during runway shows. Obviously, the main purpose of fashion week is to set sartorial trends, but it's really cool to see what goes on before the show starts.

So off I went to style.com and to the beauty section of fall 2013 rtw shows. And the one that caught my eye was Diane Von Furstenberg's. I love the fuchsia lips (so pretty and unexpected for the fall...most would go for the typical red, berry, or plum!) and the faintest hints of pink blush on the cheeks. I especially like how everything else was kept so simple and plain. Of course, I can never expect to look as flawless as those models, but I can (and will) definitely draw inspiration from their looks for the season.

The collection was pretty great too, with the blending of warm and cool colors (cool, with the sudden surprise of blue at the end...but it wasn't out of place either, because the pinks slowly began to show bluish undertones). Overall, loved Diane Von Furstenberg this season.

Ahh, off to class (running late)...But tell me what you liked (thus far) from fashion week? Do you have any current beauty obsessions?

-Rose
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I love all the fresh faced makeup on all the models. And I have the same problem with blush, none of it really seems to show up on my skin :( I have tried multiple and so far the only one I have kept cause it shows up is is a laura mercier blush in spiced cider... or something like that. Hope you post if you find another color cause I would def like to try it out as well :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing the behind-the-scenes action. I'm also looking for a lip colour to wear in the daytime, it's really quite a mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the make-up!
    This is truly one of my inspirations!

    Love, janneke
    www.jantasie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the shots, well framed and amazing contrasts as well. Love the lip colours. Definitely enjoyed all the colour. :D

    Also, that top from your previous post is gorgeous. <3

    <3
    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shots are so beautiful! like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I am loving all of these shots!!! And I'm too lazy for makeup but I at least use blush, lipstick (more like chapstick) and eyeshadow/mascara. I do sometimes use bb cream, it's lighter than foundation which I like :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah most of them have their phones on them. they must be in those chairs forever!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love beauty products! These are great behind the scenes captures! /Madison :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics! I'm definitely jealous of all the fabulous lip colors those models have. Must go lipstick shopping :)


    Tasia
    Ruffles & Sequins || a style blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound just like me! But lipstick is definitely my favorite way to spice up my beauty look. The DVF makeup was SO gorgeous! :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

    ♡jilly
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently just became obsessed with lipstick too and i can't get enough of it. I don't even care if I'm the only person on my campus wearing it- IT'S AMAZING. I think people are starting to get over the shock factor of it? Anyways I like these pictures. MAKEUP ISNT ALL BAD!

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig