2.05.2013

love boat

DSCN9912

The title comes from the hearts on my pants and the boats on my sweater. I clearly love prints and mixing them about. Anyway, I've been feeling quite blue lately. I don't say this to seek pity, I just need to share. I often feel that my age is a tricky one. I am young, but so old at the same time. Nineteen years, for goodness sakes! I'm an adult, yet not quite. Do any of you have as much trouble as I do relating to people? Just being able to understand?

A friend of mine said to immerse myself, to break the disconnect. Or rather, form a connection. I hope I find the strength to put myself out there this year.

DSCN9917

Speaking of strength, can we talk about the strong winds and ridiculous chill fest we've been experiencing here? I can't bring myself to even bother, sartorially...because I'm so sensitive to the cold. Tights won't cut it and big gusts mean no dresses or skirts, meaning, avoiding the risk of flashing people. So, until then, I'll be living in sweaters, jeans, and these combat boots, don't mind me.

DSCN9911

Also, in other news, I'm back from India. I had the time of my life, and I wish I could go back and stay there. But alas, that cannot be the case. Hopefully, in two years' time, I'll be able to fly over there again for my cousin's wedding. I specifically told her to set the date for a month during which my family will be free and able to visit, and although arrangements are still being discussed, I hope they keep my request in mind!

DSCN9921

I got the earrings above in India, when I went bargain-hunting with my cousin. Aren't they gorgeous? I got them for the equivalent of a quarter, and I could have gotten them for even less! My cousin and I are just really bad at bargaining...

DSCN9920

Thanks to all of our lovely readers for such amazing support! It really means a lot.

How are all of you? I realize I've been absent from this blog for quite a while now...update me! How are you coping with the horrible cold? How are you staying stylish?

-Rose
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. This outfits so cute! I love the gold bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so darling! i just love your polka dot pants! you styled them brilliantly!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love the mix of prints, so cute <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone the same age as you, I too sometimes feel a disconnect with people my age. But hopefully as time passes we all grow up and meet others similar to us :) cute new jewelry!

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute print on print look! Great accessories!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mixing of prints! And don't worry, you aren't old at all! 19 was ten years ago for me and I felt so young back then :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the backpack ideas! I had checked out UO before but now I'm looking at Roxy :) and yesss, these h&m sunglasses are my savior. I'm just afraid they'll break really fast :(

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, nice outfit! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute pull over! Those little boats are so adorable. I love it!

    Kaylee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! I love your sweater! kisses chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Especially love this jumper, the pattern is just too pretty!

    Hope you have a relaxing Sunday,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw your top is soooo cute! love this look :) and those earrings are absolutely gorgeous :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pattern mixing! Love the pants and the boots!

    -Nicole
    http://nickichicki.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute! Really loving the top

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit, your top is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your top is so cute. Love the print mixing. I agree with your friend who suggested making connections to beat the blues.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this sweater! I got it at a thrift store and it's so comfortable! I love the way you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you mixed these two whimsy patterns! The boat print sweater is really pretty :) I believe I'm about 1 year oldeer than you and I can definitely relate to you here. I feel like we are "in-betweeners", where people yopunger than us seem to immature and people older don't seem to have much in common with us. It's a weird position to be in yes! x

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig