12.01.2015

feeling gray



Is it grey, or is it gray? I like using the spelling with the "a" to describe the color, because I assume that Grey can be a name -- as in Fifty Shades...

Anyway, this outfit isn't anything special, but I'm totally into it. It reminds me of some of the more simple looks that were photographed during fashion week earlier this year, which makes me feel mega stylish.

This coat was part of last year's Black Friday purchase, along with those boots. The beanie and denim are part of this year's haul. I currently enjoy the more minimalistic approach to shopping during huge sales because in years past, I would buy in bulk but I would regret most of it. Lazy about returning items, I'd just guilt myself into using them, whether I liked them or not.

Also, the pom on this beanie was so floppy and bouncy, I felt like a little kid walking around campus. Speaking of the beanie, it's reading a little blue in these photos, but it is actually a light gray. On that note, gray is one of my favorite colors to wear -- it has the sophistication of black and the ease of white, but more comfortable to wear than both. 

Fun fact: those incredibly stylish bandages that I'm rocking as accessories for this look are protecting two very deep gashes on my fingers, courtesy of the #pharmtechlife. Paper cuts from folding people's prescription monographs are the worst...

Not sure if any of that made sense, as my brain is still scrambled from having to get back to real life after the break...

What are your favorite color(s) to wear? 
Did you snag any good deals this past weekend? 

Calvin Klein coat, similar in black, olive; Aeropostale beanie, similar; F21 scarf, similar; AEO denim; Nine West boots, similar
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. super cute outfit dear! :D


    xoxo
    winscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAIT, RUTGERS? WHAT UP I WENT TO RUTGERS TOO.

    But anyway, you do look effortless here and I'm a big fan. Also, I usually spell it "gray", except for when I want to be extra posh I'll just go with "grey". There's just something so fancy about it, haha.

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch paper cuts are the worst. I'm loving the minimalistic look. The pom pom beanie looks so fun, and that last shot is the perfect ending to the post :D

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this look - I definitely tend towards more minimalistic ones as well. And your pom pom haha, that last photo is so cute!

    I'm the same, I used to buy things that I didn't really like just because of the low prices, but now I'm really going for pieces that I know I'll wear. I'm a lot happier with my clothes as well too!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes all you need is simple stuff. Loving the outfit!!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! And yes, simplicity is so nice sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! I really enjoy my clothes so much more now!
    Thanks so much, hehe, taking that photo was actually quite embarrassing but it had to be done :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grey does seem like the posh version! Maybe when I'm feeling fancy, I'll do the same :P
    And yess OMG Jen I actually remember seeing you in a Circle K meeting once upon a time. I knew about your blog, but I got too shy and never approached you to say hello, woops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, stop it. You should have! The next time you're in the city, let me know and we can grab coffee or something. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig