12.18.2015

unconventional holiday


When I think of the holidays, usually an image of a festively decorated cottage, blanketed in snow, with smoke coming out of the chimney comes to mind. I conjure up the merry laughter of family and friends, mingling with the aroma of baked goods and warm tea.

Unfortunately, the weeks leading up the winter break are not quite as cheery, but there are some moments that I like to cherish in the midst of studying for final exams. Decorating the tree, choosing a local coffee shop as a study spot for a more low-key exam, and just enjoying the little free time I have in any way possible.
On an ideal day during the holiday season, I would imagine myself waking up to sunshine and twinkling fairy lights, still on from the night before. Then, I would remember to snag my glasses before I head out -- I really love this pair from Warby Parker's new winter collection. The wire frames are different from anything I've ever worn, but I think they're perfect for moments when I'm on my own--understated and casual, but sleek at the same time.
I've always owned frames in deep tones, so this gray pair from the same winter collection is such a welcome change for me. I love the iciness of the color and material, they really complement the warmer, more traditional holiday decor around my house. So when adding some extra touches to our tree, I would probably reach for a pair of glasses like the ones I'm sporting below.
Also, I must say that the Home Try-On Program that Warby offers is pretty sweet! It definitely helps in the selection process, and it's completely free (as long as you return the frames after five days of trying them out). If you post photos with the hashtag #WarbyHomeTryOn on social media, specialists will take a look and advise you on what frames work best.

In the meanwhile, make sure to stop by Warby Parker's site to check out their #WarbyHoliday campaign. It's a lot of fun, and it involves buttons (the ones you can pin to things), but you'll have to click through or watch the video below to see what it's all about.



Thank you to Warby Parker for reaching out and encouraging this collaborative post! 
Also, this is not sponsored!

Photo 1: Zara poncho (in maroon); Aerie bralette (similar)
Photo 2, 3: Abbott frames in Jet Silver
Photo 4: Abbott frames in Jet Silver; American Eagle denim jacket; Zara cable knit (similar)
Photo 5: Zara cable knit (similar); Baker frames in Glacier Gray
Photo 6: Baker frames in Glacier Gray
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig