11.10.2015

hell week heroes



This year, I did not feel as delighted about the fall season as I normally do, but it slowly grew on me. Of course, just as I got accustomed to the cooler temperatures and began to share everyone else's #basic autumn infatuation, the universe decided that it was the ideal time for things to get mega busy. These past few weeks were a mess and coupled with the erratic weather, everything just wreaked havoc on my general state of being. I'm not exactly complaining, though, because busy times help streamline my usually scattered mind, and I get to focus on things that are truly important to the here and now.
That focus extends to more material items as well; three separate but equally influential constants have kept me sane during the rougher times:

  1. The chic blanket poncho: I get so cold so easily. A degree below 75 fahrenheit has me reaching for my sweaters and cardigans. It doesn't matter to me that my body's perspiration often disagrees with my arms' sensitivity to the slightest breeze, because I'd rather smell of B.O. than feel cold. *Priorities.* Anyway, my point is, this poncho has been my (and everyone else's) savior because it keeps the sweat at bay by allowing for ventilation, and it keeps me toasty at the same time. 
  2. The best moisturizer: Gel moisturizers are usually my go-to for the summer, but this belif aqua bomb cream is giving me life this season as well. It manages to be light and refreshing while fully hydrating my combination skin. This cream also has quite a zingy scent, making it perfect for waking me up in the mornings after almost all-nighters. 
  3. The spooky podcast: Ghost tales and folklore intrigue me quite a bit, even though I get scared very easily. Usually, I enjoy watching horror films with my friends on the weekends (and I'm always the one whimpering in the corner or screaming prematurely), but because of the sudden rush of responsibilities these past couple weeks, I indulged alone. Lore is a biweekly podcast that narrates popular tales about the spookier parts of history, focusing on one topic of terror per episode. I enjoyed (and then lost sleep over) "Unboxed" the most...and to be honest, I'm too scared to even type out the details of that episode. I'm sure you will figure it out...As creepy as the podcast is, I liked playing it in the background as I tackled my work. 
Now that I have a break for a little bit, I am at a loss. I feel so aimless, but I guess I will channel my energy into organizing and prepping for the next wave of hell weeks. 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. YES. i always live the poncho life. nothing better than always feeling cozy and warm during the colder months.

    love the blog too, girl! if you get the chance, i'd love for you to check out mine and let me know what you think! (maybe even follow? no pressure though!)

    have a great week! :)
    love, rach.
    So, hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lotions really are a life changer!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig