A few posts ago, I talked a whole lot about finding my new signature fragrance, focusing on Fresh products. I said I'd make it into a series of posts, detailing all my options...and it's going to stay as a series, except I went ahead a couple weeks ago and bought one already.
To be fair, the Replica line was already on my list of options. During Sephora's VIB weekend, I walked into a store, decided to give those a sniff, and found the one. I did compare it to the Fresh ones, so the previous fragrance post wasn't a waste. "Lazy Sunday Morning" just happened to do the trick!
It reminds me a lot of my patti's (grandmother's) room in our tiny flat in India, which is probably what drew me to it the most. That flat is my safe place, physically and mentally. During emotionally trying times, I imagine myself sitting outside in one of the rooms' balconies, sipping Patti's filter coffee, listening to her tell me stories about her childhood.
The Byredo sample was a score from a recent trip into the city. I dragged my friends to Barney's to help me test the line, and let me just say that Barney's is SO INTIMIDATING. The poshness was too much for me to handle, but I think I played it smooth for the most part. Anyway, the sales associate at the counter was really kind and helpful, but he told me they weren't giving out samples. My friend suggested that we take a lap around the perfume department, and during our round, I found another Byredo counter. The lady there was about to end her shift, but I ran up to her and asked if she had samples, and she gave me the one for Mojave Ghost, the only one she had out of the list I gave her. I don't think I felt so successful about a sample before! I walked out of Barney's a little too giddy...



First off can I say that these photos came out gorgeous! The lighting in them is so dramatic. That's so sweet that the perfume reminds you of your grandmother. I'm going to smell it out the next time I'm at the store! I have the same feelings of fear when I go to any makeup counter. It's awesome that it paid off and you got the sample!
ReplyDeleteMili
I will treasure that sample for life!! (Just kidding...maybe). And thank you, I took full advantage of the natural light that morning haha
ReplyDelete