11.23.2015

bandwagon




I took the plunge and got these babies the other weekend. Ever since I laid my eyes upon all the Stuart Weitzman over-the-knee pairs last year, I was in love (like the rest of the world). I couldn't quite fathom forking over nearly $800 for a pair, however, and even discounts offered at department stores were not enough to justify paying well into the hundreds. That being said, I have no doubt that the original boots are worth the price tag; they will probably last for years as they are both functional and classically chic. They just do not fit into my budget. 

Enter Aldo's Barra boots. I've been following these for a couple months now, and waiting for Aldo to offer some sort of deal on them. The weekend that I finally purchased them, there was a $50 off of $150 deal, and I figured I didn't want to wait till Black Friday so I went for it. I already wore them three times, and I expect them to end up paying for themselves this winter. 

I paid Princeton's campus a visit (surprise, surprise) for this shoot, and of course, just as I finished setting up, a crew of prospective students marched up and stopped right across the lawn, directly in front of me. Since I was losing light quickly, I just continued to click away, but it was one of the more awkward experiences I have had for the sake of this blog! 

Zara faux leather jacket (similar), sweater (similar); Loft skirt (similar); Aldo boots (similar, among many others)

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Yay for new otk boots! They look so good! Even better that you were able to get them during a sale.I love how you paired them with the plaid skirt. It's like a modern take on the classic prep look :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these. I covet the SW pair as well...but they a big splurge!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfit, I love your boots, thank you for sharing!!!


    xxx


    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, fashion blogger awkward moments are the worst! xD Aha, but these turned out perfect, so totally worth it.
    Loooove these boots girl, I know they'll definitely be worth the price

    [INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY] Win a FREE Kawaii Box!
    I'm on the Tube!

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig