1.09.2015

indoors



Post-wash hair looking a little intense...woops!
I do not enjoy taking photographs at home because all the spaces in my house are very small and my lens cannot capture much in a frame unless it's several feet away. This frustrates me during the whole process and I usually end up scrapping the project. This time, however, I thought I'd give it one more go. The entire process was surprisingly okay, but I wasn't happy with the lighting. My room in general is dark, so I guess it's just something I have to deal with. I hope to repaint it one day, perhaps a light gray or cream, so that the room feels a bit brighter.

Anyway, it's winter break and I've been sitting at home for the majority of it. That's a lie, I am actually working a lot, so I barely get to be at home. It's incredible how work sucks up so much time. The other day, I had a day off -- I decided to make the most of it and really relaxed. I wore my current favorite wardrobe pieces and snuggled up with my best bud the faux fur throw.

My friend Sonja gifted me My First New York which is an anthology of experiences that various well-known people had as they first moved into the city. As I want to live in the city in the future, I love this book; the featured stories expose both the positives and the negatives of living in New York. In a way, I'm preparing for the big move (or so I tell myself, because is there any true way to be prepared?).

My brother gave me a turntable for Christmas, and I am seriously OBSESSED with it. The local record store was having a sale with hundreds of albums for $1. I scored some true gems, including Barbara Streisand live in Central Park, the Go-Go's Beauty and the Beat,  and Art Garfunkel's Breakaway. Of course, I also bought the three Vampire Weekend albums, and have been listening to them non-stop.

Although I was home for the entire day, I decided to finally whip out the Prada fragrance I've been pining after since last winter. I bought it over the summer with some birthday money from a wonderful aunty, but I have been saving it for a "special time". I do this with so many new things...I try to savor their states of novelty. It's a little sharper than I'm accustomed to, but in the best way possible. I'm terrible at describing perfumes, but I'll attempt it and say that this one is a mix between spicy and musky -- overall, very sophisticated.

Cardigan and shirt -- Zara; 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ah the struggles of shooting indoors. Not only is space an issue, but it's hard to get the perfect amount of natural light to shoot in. I like to shoot in front of a white wall so that I can manipulate it bigger later on in Photoshop :) The anthology of stories sounds fascinating as there are people from all walks of life in NYC. I'm going to go smell that perfume the next time I'm in sephora-- it sounds promising from your description!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so cool having a turn table! My room gets bright in the morning but after about midday, the it just goes dull because of where the sun sits in the sky. I ordered some softbox lighting yesterday so hopefully that should stop me being a slave to the sun!

    That book sounds interesting. I'd love to move to new york one day. Or even visit it!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand how you feel about the lighting situation. I wish my entire house had that picturesque lighting that every famous instagrammer and blogger seems to have. Nonetheless, I really like how your photos came out! And that book you mention will probably end up on my wishlist because I, too want to move to New York one day. It sounds really interesting.

    Sincerely,
    sarahjaihelee.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig