The semester started the other day and I've been trying to keep a fresh mind about everything. I have a lot to do already, but I think I will be able to get through it all. I have been finding happiness in the little things, which has been helping me out immensely as I face each day.
Makeup:
1. Clinique Different Lipstick in Shy (swatch below): This came in a freebie set that my mom received when she bought her holy grail Clinique moisturizer. I love how it adds a sheer but prominent wash of plum to my lips, which are naturally dark. The lipstick also has some emollients that make it very comfortable to wear throughout the day.
2. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper: I am sure many of you have heard raving reviews about this liner, and I can confirm that they hold truth. It is super easy to control the thickness of the line you want, and the brush tip is perfect because it doesn't dry out. The only complaint I have is that mid-application, the brush tends to lose product, but a slight tilt and shake solves that problem.
3. Milani Easy Brow in Dark Brown + Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara: These aren't the best products in the world but for drugstore brands, they do the job well. I have very full brows naturally (nostalgically remembering the unibrow days) but I get them threaded to control the bushiness. Sometimes, the threading session doesn't go too well and I have to fill in some areas. This pencil allows me to do so in a subtle way, and the spooley end helps distribute the waxy pigment throughout the hairs. I use the clear mascara to set them in place and seal the deal.
3. Milani Easy Brow in Dark Brown + Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara: These aren't the best products in the world but for drugstore brands, they do the job well. I have very full brows naturally (nostalgically remembering the unibrow days) but I get them threaded to control the bushiness. Sometimes, the threading session doesn't go too well and I have to fill in some areas. This pencil allows me to do so in a subtle way, and the spooley end helps distribute the waxy pigment throughout the hairs. I use the clear mascara to set them in place and seal the deal.
Randos:
1. Ralph Lauren Sunglasses: These are actually prescription, and after experiencing a whole day at the beach with these on, I cannot go back to regular pairs of sunnies. It's actually a shame because I have a growing collection of normal sunglasses, and I've got my eyes on a few more in the market. The feeling of being able to see so clearly with sunglasses on, though, is amazing.
2. My snazzy, gold (couldn't quite capture the color with my camera, but it's actually a soft gold), pyramid-y, bumpy phone case: I got this at Five Below (where I get all my phone cases, tbh) the end of last summer and I didn't use it for a while because it doesn't have a bumper on the front. If I drop it, chances are the screen will not survive. Over winter break, I decided to give it a go, and I am in love. It feels so cool in my hand and I really like the bling it adds to my daily looks.
3. Luden's Throat Drops in Honey Licorice: I have never felt happier about spending 75 cents before. These throat drops are like candy to me. (Woops!) They brought me great relief during some scratchy throat moments last week.
4. Forever 21 Leopard Print Faux Fur Coat (see sneak peak in first photo): Purchased this in a recent sale, and it came to my doorstep the next day. Layering is a bit difficult because it's a tad snug but, damn, it's mega soft and warm. I have yet to debut it in a true outfit (hence the sneak peak), but I wore it to the mailbox today and I felt royal.




Nice tips!! Love this sunglasses.
ReplyDeleteKisses from Spain.
Xoxo, P.
My Showroom
Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest impact! Good luck this semester. You can do it :)
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
sarahjaihelee.com
That clinique lipstick is such a pretty color, and even better that it's moisturizing. Idk if you have tried the elf eyebrow kit, but the dark brown gel in the kit is perfect for doing dark eyebrows. It's more time consuming than a pencil, but it works really well and is so affordable. I've been wanting to try that kat von d liner, so it's nice to read another positive review. Good luck with the semester :)
ReplyDeleteMili
Oooh, I want to check out this liner - I've heard good things about it for sure!
ReplyDeleteAnd gosh, I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to wear sunglasses and simultaneously be able to see....
Good luck with this semester! And I can't wait to see this coat :D
The Dragonfruit Diaries
nice post :) Yes I follow you on gfc, follow back?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/
Love the phone case and the colour of your sunglasses, really cool!
ReplyDeletemuch love xxx
CHRISTINANISTA.COM
I love the phone case and the sunglasses!
ReplyDeleteObsessed Fashion Blog
I LOVE YOUR PHONE CASE!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
↬ Archiperago
I have this lipstick too and it's amazing, and your glasses are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYou have a lovely blog, maybe you wanna follow each other on GFC and bloglovin? let me know!
http://stormia-fashion.blogspot.com/
xoxo, Mai ♥