1.24.2014

daily face

beauty_1

beauty_2

beauty_3

I have a fascination with beauty products. Guilty of watching beauty videos on Youtube for hours on end, I am always fantasizing about blushes and lip products that I can't quite afford (ahem: everything NARS). The other night I was organizing my lipsticks (I lead a wild life, I know) and I counted twenty-five. I feel bad though, since I rarely ever wear lipstick. Lately, the natural look seems more appealing, especially for everyday wear. 

A lot of my life is influenced by my Indian heritage and my beauty routine is no exception. So my essentials really come down to some face powder, a kohl or kajal pencil and a packet of bottus. (When I was younger, it used to bother me when people would ask why I wore that dot on my forehead because I never knew what to tell them. It's just something I've become used to and proud of. I also get really defensive about it but that is a discussion for another blog post.)

Anyway, lip balm is another must-have.. My chapped lips are no joke and need constant moisturizing, or they might just crack and fall off one day. But beyond using these four items, I don't really do much else. Sometimes I'll sweep on a coat of mascara and apply some gloss, if I'm not in a hurry. 

In spite of this very simple regime, I still find myself drooling over makeup and eventually caving in and buying it. 

Perfume, on the other hand, is a different story. I love, love, LOVE my Coach Poppy. It has a youthful, sweet but floral scent to it that is so perfect. I predict this bottle will be finished by June, just in time for my birthday...I have my eyes (and nose) set on the Prada Infusion d'Iris...hinting to any kin out there reading this post. 

What are your beauty routines? What items are your essentials?

-Rose
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. 25?! That is an impressive collection. I have 3 and I feel bad enough that I don't wear them lol. I'm so with you on drooling over makeup products...which I would never wear.

    P.s yay Indian pride! It also bothered me when celebs (ahem, Miley) would randomly wear a teep (that's what we call it in Bengali) out of nowhere.

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it Baby...I mean the perfume. Please order when it is time or whenever you want. It is my present to you for your special birthday. Anjana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those NYX lip glosses. My lips get chapped, too, especially in winter! I'm following your blog now! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely blog :) Would you like to follow each other? x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post dear.love nivea lipbalm too
    Wanna follow each other let me know
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig