


Jacket: vintage; Sweater: Kohl's; Jeans: AEO; Boots: GH Bass & Co.
Over winter break, a couple friends and I went to a vintage store. This jacket was calling my name the entire time. No, I am not a Phillies fan. In fact, I have very little interest in baseball, and if I was forced to choose, I'd go with the Yankees because everyone around me seems to root for them. I was afraid to wear this jacket at first because I didn't want to face any hate that might be thrown my way...but it's just too comfortable to resist.
Did I mention it's from the 60's? (I'm actually a bit skeptical about it being THAT old, but I have no doubt that it is indeed OLD). The shop owner couldn't stop raving about how it had come in just that morning and he kept wishing he could buy it instead. My friends were convinced that the jacket was made for me, so I dished out the money and claimed it as my own.
Yesterday, a friend and I strolled over to the old campus to take these pictures. It seemed fitting to pose in vintage by vintage buildings. (But actually, there is a window air conditioner right above my head...you just can't see!)
-Rose
*Photos by my friend, whose real name happens to be Rose.
Way to rock the sporty varsity jacket! Haha, I'd be afraid of haters too, but who cares? Wear it!
ReplyDeleteThe Dragonfruit Diaries
Great find with the jacket! Love the high waisted jeans, you look very cool in the whole get up :)
ReplyDeleteMili
That jacket is amazing!! It looks so cool.
ReplyDeleteThat IS a cool jacket, and even cooler that it is form the 60's. Yes sports fan can take their sports VERY seriously. I knew someone that wore a Red Sox shirt during the height of the baseball season in Seattle and had stuff thrown at his car.
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com
Lovely photographs, you look so great. I love that bomber jacket, great vintage find!
ReplyDeletedimplesdiaries
x