3.19.2013

patiently waiting

We got hit with yet another winter storm of sorts yesterday. Snow in some places, freezing rain in others. My town got a mix of freezing rain and hail-like snow. It was very strange.
I'm on spring break now, and it does not feel like it at all. I hoped that we'd at least be in the fifties this week, but it's going to be chilly throughout.
And to think tomorrow's the first day of spring. I am so put off that I don't even want to pay a visit to the nearest Rita's for free Italian ice. You know things are bad when you don't want free things.

Either way, frustrated with the weather, I decided to come up with some realistic outfit ideas for the upcoming spring season. Let's be real...on the east coast, we don't hit consistent bare legs/bare arms weather till May (maybe) at the earliest. So, I put together these two looks that are very true to my style and very feasible, given our usual weather trends during the next few months.


spring sunshowers

Rain is inevitable during springtime, but sometimes we get those indecisive bouts of showers that switch from rainy to sunny. I thought the leather pants, the breezy tank and the jacket would be perfect for such days. Knowing me, however, I can't have an outfit without my colors or prints, hence the socks and the cute loafer-y flats with the puppies. A bright red lip and a pop of yellow on the nails tie the outfit together by reflecting the sunny intervals and by staying in tune with my personal style.

il fait du soleil
This outfit would be perfect for those days with pleasant temperatures and a sweet breeze -- not warm enough to go bare-armed, but fair enough to skip the tights. With fun popsicle hues to play on the sun's rays, this outfit would definitely be something I could just throw on and head out in. I really like how the flirty dress  is dressed down with the denim jacket but dressed up with candy-like leather-strapped heels and tassel earrings. There can always be a middle ground. A bright bow, pastel sunnies and nails, and a coral lip complete the look. I think it's very cute, and very me.

Alas, it might be a while before I'll be able to wear such outfits...Of course, I don't even own half the items in the sets to actually put these looks together in reality...but a girl can dream, right? (Or she can go shopping with the zero money she has...)

What are you looking forward to wearing this spring? Fellow east-coasters...are you also super sick with the cold? Anyone NOT looking forward to warmer temperatures?

-Rose
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Definitely sick of all the snow & cold weather! Can't wait to wear some cute Spring dresses like the one above :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Spring needs to come RIGHT NOW! I'm loving both of these looks :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH i love that peachy coloured dress :)
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got hit with a snowy mix, too! What a way to kick off the season.. I cannot wait to wear pretty little looks like these! The striped top with the olive jacket is such a perfect mix :)

    ♡jilly
    sorelle in style | ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. both looks are super cute :) I think you could totally get away with the first one... maybe with a large winter coat perhaps? It's funny your comment about the consistent weather, I remember like the first few random days in april or march where it hits like 60-63 everyone goes crazy and sports tank tops and shorts lol

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the looks are super cute especially the second one . Loved your blog , if you want we can follow each other via GFC & bloglovin' , if yes follow me & I will surely follow you back!

    Https://myfatblogdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer IL FAIT DU SOLEIL
    xoxo
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great transitional Spring outfits!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig