3.09.2013

winter's got her last word

DSCN9962_1

DSCN9971_1

I've been meaning to show you all this super duper cute sheep sweater I found in Old Navy back in December. It has quickly become a favorite of mine! I actually wanted the fox one in the store but they only had an XS in that one, and I wasn't super desperate, so I went for this one instead and I am so glad I did! Let's be real, foxes are so cute, but I just feel like they've been so prevalent in the past few months or so throughout the blogosphere, that it's always nice to bring something new to the plate, yes? Don't get me wrong...I love all the fox items that some of my favorite bloggers sport! I just feel like if I had found my size in that sweater, I would have quickly gotten bored of it. 

Anyway, the point of this post is to discuss everyone's anticipation of the springtime and Winter's jealousy over the matter. She blew us with an unexpected blizzard that everyone expected to fizzle out into rain, but my gosh, the storm was beautiful! I just had to take pictures in my not-very-exciting outfit to show you (except for the sheep sweater, of course). 

I was pining for warmer weather so much, and when I woke up yesterday and saw the snow I was both shocked and kind of irked. To worsen the situation, I woke up rather early and the minute my family found out, I was put to the task of shoveling the driveway. Usually this was assigned to my father and brother, but the former was asleep and the latter getting ready for school so I had to do the job. 

winter collage _1

In spite of myself, I quite enjoyed the process (maybe it was the empowerment I felt with it being International Women's Day or just the striking beauty of the snowfall)...belting out "Come on Eileen" and "There is a Light that Never Goes Out" while I shoveled the soft, wet mush. My neighbors don't have a very nice opinion of me, and my over-enthused attitude must have compelled them to raise a few eyebrows, but I don't care. I hadn't felt that good in a while so I was happy to have been having fun.

Of course, frost-bitten fingers are not fun but they're nothing a good cup of tea (and some comfort food like those scrumptious Milani cookies) can't fix! 

DSCN9963_1

The exposure in this last photo was so bad in the original that all I could see was whiteness. Of course, with some sub-par editing skills, I found my face and half my body. I just think it looks pretty rad and wintry and cool so I thought it would be a nice feature for this post. 

Well, I think Winter made her point and is going to give in to Spring. Weather reports predict nice fifty degree temperatures in the upcoming week! 

-Rose
Sweater -- Old Navy
Cords -- AEO
Boots -- Marshall's
Hat -- (gifted)

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Cuuuuuute I LOVE the sheep. Animal prints are my new favorite thing right now!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the print on the sweater! I think it is so adorable. Love the beanie as well.

    <3
    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sheep on your sweater are so stinkin' cute! Love this! Cute blog =)

    xx Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute sweater, the sheep print is really sweet!
    -Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these snowy pictures. And the sweater is so cute - amazing print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suck a cute sweater! I'm now hosting a giveaway featuring super cute statement necklaces. Come check it out!

    www.iheartblack.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eep! How pretty are these snowy pictures! Wow, I love them :) Animal sweaters are great-but I agree that foxes are overdone a bit. I love the darling sheep-they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sheep sweater is soooo cute! I love how you wore it with the light pink jeans :) And aww shoveling the snow doesn't sound like so much fun but drinking hot tea with cookies does! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, winter is a very jealous season, huh? Glad you were able to turn an annoying task into a fun one! Nothing like singing and appreciating this world's natural beauty to turn things around :)
    Love the adorable sheep sweater! How cute is that?
    Also, thank you so much for the advise on CG! I think I'm going to play it casual and friendly right now. If he's truly interested in getting to know me, he'd make more effort. What we've got going on between us isn't serious enough to start asking what his intentions are, you know? Haha, so for now, I suppose I'll just enjoy the attention but keep my options open.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater is too cute! Definitely refreshing to see a new animal in the whole animal trend thing going on :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute sweater and great wintry pics! Almost makes me crave more winter. Almost.
    xL

    http://themarcystop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig