11.09.2011

smells like spring but looks like fall



 

Sorry about the blurry quality of this one, but I am ever so grateful for Neeta for being so patient with me, and taking photos, so I kept this one for her :)
Beret, Top -- F21; Cardigan, Skirt -- UO; Shoes -- Kmart

The weather has been absolutely splendid lately, and that's helping my general mood too. Yesterday, after biology (hate that class), I went with a friend to the mall because he wanted to exchange his H&M jacket for another size. It was my first time riding the transit bus, and I was clearly a noob because I did not know public bus etiquette and the driver on the way back gave me the nastiest look! Oh well, guess I know better now.

But, good things came out of the trip. Turned out this British student (I gasped when I heard his accent) was also going to the same store, and I swear, he looked like a taller version of Dave Monks, so of course I was going to stalk him! We all walked into H&M at the same time and I followed (I know, I'm a creep) him to the sweaters section (I was "looking for sweaters for my brother..." Well, in a way I kind of was. It was buy one get one free, and I would have bought them if I had enough money -- I was short by ten bucks) and then tried to get his attention by coughing and clearing my throat, but it didn't work. He didn't look. Oh, well. He probably thought that I was some creepy Indian girl just having a fit in the corner.

I was texting my friend about this episode and she asked if he was still there and I texted back, "He's not here" and right when I pressed "send," he crept up behind me! Turns out he was going back on the same bus.

With my trusty eavesdropping skills, I learned that he goes to my college, and...DRUMROLL...he's going to the masquerade ball this Saturday, "in a jacket." I am going too, actually, and you guys know that I'll be hunting him down. Hahaha.

Sigh, I really am a creep.







Jacket -- Marshalls; Top -- UO; Dress, Shoes -- F21; Necklace -- gift

I woke up today in a very strange mood. I felt like a child. I don't know what it was, but it was strange. I guess that's why I decided to pink-myself out. Well, I really do like pink. But I went all the way to the other campus for my Expos class and it turns out that it was cancelled. So I went to this little courtyard area outside a residential hall building and immediately fell in love. I just sat there for an hour or so and read. It was magical. 
(Isn't that little carving of a heart and initials under the book just darling? I felt so mushy when I saw that!)

-Rose

P.S. Violet needs help with her newspaper article. Check the bottom of this post and leave a comment with ideas :) Also check out the post she was featured in at Dresses for Dinner. Thank you!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Daw' both of these outfits are just lovely! The little details are what really catch my eye like the beautiful teal beret and the little octopus necklace. So wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I also have that necklace it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig