While I find my hometown charming, its mundaneness has been affecting me in an unpleasant manner. An unshakable ennui has seeped into my mind's crevices, ruining most of August for me. Here and there, however, I had opportunity for respite.
One of those opportunities came in the form of a meet-up with Mili of Sharmtoaster. She showed interest in meeting up with other bloggers in the area; we chatted over lunch and went on a search for murals in the city to pose against.
The last time I had been in the lower manhattan area was when I was very young, hitting the touristy sites with my family. It was refreshing to stroll around the Nolita neighborhood doing touristy things of another kind: searching for oft-instagrammed wall art to serve as backdrops for our #OOTD snaps.
The heat and humidity, on the other hand, were not so refreshing. We did have some delicious rolled ice cream to cool us down at the end of the day (and it was worth the almost two-hour wait!).
Madewell shirt-dress (excuse the creasing!!!)
Outfit photos by Mili





It's great that you for the chance to thwart your ennui; I've been feeling extremely lethargic myself and posing in front of stunning murals, walking through the streets of Manhattan and devouring ice cream sound like the perfect remedy. These are stunning photos! Have a great week, Sampada!
ReplyDeleteMay | THE MAYDEN
Lovely post. Super cool background
ReplyDeleteMade in Mauve ☆ Bloglovin
YAS. This background is everything. I need to explore lower Manhattan more often; now that I'm in Queens I get pretty lazy to leave the area haha.
ReplyDeleteJennifHsieh