8.14.2015

Marooned

maroon2
highline1

Look 1: H&M t-shirt; Madewell jeans; Forever 21 necklace (similar); Puma sneakers; Diesel sunglasses (mom's)
Look 2: Forever 21 top and pants; Ralph by Ralph Lauren sunglasses; Gifted earrings and bag from India

I always have trouble defining my style to those who ask. A friend from my internship described my looks as very street-style, by which I was quite flattered! There was a very lax dress code at the agency,  but I still tried to stay as professionally casual as possible. I am glad that I was able to convey some sense of style even though I felt fairly limited in my work-appropriate options. 

Outside the workplace, however, I have been reaching for looser, freer silhouettes and really familiar color combinations. It's almost like they are monochromatic, but not quite. More ombre? I like ombre outfits. 

I used to really stay away from red on my bod, but lately, it's one of the few colors I gravitate towards, among a bunch of neutrals. Unfortunately I haven't found THE bright red piece to make my heart sing (the sneakers above are PRETTY CLOSE, though), but I am managing with variations of the color. I realized that with the gradual end of the nineties trend and the upswing of the seventies trend, maroon and brown are still sticking around as hot shades. This is a good thing because I enjoy earthy tones against my complexion, so it's a win-win. 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Great looks!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both a wonderful looks. Maroon is gorgeous color and it makes me even more Fall to come.
    xoxo
    Ramona

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say your style is very impressive! You have a fantastic blog and all the pictures are wonderful! Loved everything!

    Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blog!


    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look nice in earth tones. I love the red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool, casual and chic! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely loving these two outfits and I definitely gravitate towards more neutral or earthy tones as well; bright red is a tough one to get yourself to wear. Hope your summer and your internship is going well! :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those sneakers! This deep shade of red is such a fun color to work with.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do look professional and lax at the same time... it's amazing how you can pull that off so effortlessly! The pants in that second look are just to die for. And lady, you've got gorgeous hair! <3

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig