After a long time, my family decided to take a trip together to some far away place. Since everything was so impromptu, we thought it would be best to go somewhere at a feasible driving distance from us--far enough to make us feel like we left home, but not so far as to require any overnight stay en route.
Canada seemed to fit the bill, and we narrowed our choices down to Montreal.
Despite our poor preparation, my grumpy mood, and the rushed sight-seeing, I thoroughly enjoyed our trip. My favorite spot was Marché Jean-Talon for obvious reasons (food). The vegetable and fruit vendors in the market put out platters full of sliced produce, sometimes seasoned slightly with salt, for the public to sample. I mostly enjoyed the berry and fruit stalls; they had adorable baskets filled with the usual fare as well as some interesting ones like cerises de terre and white currants.
Our trip was rushed but we were still very productive, thanks to the city's amazing public transportation system. It was so streamlined and easy--I probably miss that part of Montreal the most.









OOh loving these photos!! Such a beautiful place. Loving the buildings :D
ReplyDeletehttp://www.closet-fashionista.com/
I miss Montreal so much! I went about two years ago and I fell in love with how livable and bike-able the city was. Love these shots! :)
ReplyDelete