During my pre-tween years of life, I did not have a chance to keep up with the late 90s and early 2000s trends because my parents very wisely advised me that the fads would fade, so being "in" was not worth the money. They were totally right, but their warnings didn't make me want heavily embroidered bell-bottoms, halter tops, or Furbies any less.
Recently, I was browsing the Zara website and found they brought out a one-shouldered knit. At first, I didn't think much of it, because I figured it would be impractical to have one arm toasty and one arm bare; I wasn't sure for what weather/classroom temperature setting that would be appropriate.
Soon enough, the piece began to haunt me, particularly by reminding me of instances when I, as a pre-tween, would plead with my mother about buying a one-shouldered top. After a week of sleepless nights, I decided to give in and make the purchase.
And since I could not just stop with one thing, I added a couple other millennium-inspired pieces to my bag. The denim skirt felt a bit too distressed for my taste at first, but after a lengthy fitting room session, I was convinced that it needed to come home with me.
I must say, however, that Shini Park indirectly enabled me to buy the one-shouldered top; if you follow her on Snapchat, you may have noticed that she has been sporting her own version quite frequently as of late. She pulled it off so well that I felt compelled to give it a go.
Zara patterned t-shirt, asymmetrical sweater, and denim skirt
Zara patterned t-shirt, asymmetrical sweater, and denim skirt



Heck yes to late 90s/early 2000s fashion! Man, I love that denim skirt. I've been looking for one as well. I remember my first off the shoulder top... I don't remember if I had a one shoulder top, though. I can't wait to see that one on you! It just screams Britney Spears in the best of ways. I aquired too many jelly shoes this summer so I understand the nostalgic feeling you get from purchasing such millennial pieces.
ReplyDeleteSometimes the things we can't have are the ones we really want! I really like the one shoulder top, I'm not too sure of when you'd be able to wear it, but would love to see photos when you do! I think it would look really amazing with a suede button skirt (those have been super in lately) or maybe a slim black midi skirt!
ReplyDeleteAngelina Is | Bloglovin'
omg the one shouldered top!!! I forgot about that. I think it can be nicely pulled off :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Winn | ♥
winscribbles.blogspot.com | Instagram
When you mentioned the one shouldered top, I immediately thought of Shini! It's a piece I never would have considered if not for her. Can't wait to see how you style it up :)
ReplyDeleteMili
I don't know who Shini is but Zara will always nag you to come back! Haha. I love shopping there.
ReplyDeleteMelanie
Aetherlily.net
90's fashion.. the fashion we all grew up with! I get the fact that you want to buy those clothing for that nostalgic feeling haha!
ReplyDeleteSugarcandycandy.blogspot.com
haha i LOVED this post, now im trying to think of the 90s trends i'd totally eat up if I was a teen back then. definitely those knit crop tops, and i'd probably be allll over those denim skirts. yay for not being practical and diving into those trends ;) (sorry mom)
ReplyDeleteOh wow, beautiful! Loving the one arm top! My parents used to say the same when I was young, but then my mum would give in and eventually showed up with some bell bottoms for me. I LOVED IT!!! I need to buy a pair now by the way!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for leaving your super thoughtful comment. You know what? It's never too late to actually do what you want. If you are ready by the age of 40, then be it. Whenever you are ready you will do it. It's just important to keep the though on the back of your mind. Just think about what things you would like having done before your die, and what things you would regret not doing later in life:). That's what I did, and then just start working towards that!
xx