7.25.2014

missing montauk


Last Saturday, my friends and I made the trip to Montauk to see Drowners play at The Surf Lodge. We arrived fairly early but we found out that the show had "sold out" and had we made reservations before, we would have been guaranteed a spot. I called and emailed the venue the morning of to ask about all this and no one mentioned making reservations, so we were pretty upset. As we stood around outside, by the ropes keeping us out of the main area, we saw the lead singer Matt Hitt chilling on the patio of the lodge. A few other girls and I waved at him. So he and the band's other guitarist made their way over to us. After complaining to them about our situation, we asked to take pictures with them and they agreed. By the time my friend and I got to them, Jack (the guitarist) left, but we managed to get a hold of Matt. And this hurried instagram snap is the result of it. (I realize how much of a mess I am haha.)
We ended up getting in after about a half hour of waiting, and once the concert started, I ended up standing right at front. So Matt was basically singing into my face. 
I got some rad shots during the performance (if only I had remembered to ask my brother to take our photo with Matt on my better camera...) and they're up on my tumblr.
I also recorded a brief video, which you can watch here if you want to know the band's sound live.
Remember a couple posts ago, I was talking about dressing for this show? Well, I managed to stray as far away from my planned aesthetic as possible, as you can see here. It turned out okay though, in the end. 
In other news, this weekend will wrap up my rotations and busy period so starting Monday, I plan to be a bit more regular. Thanks for reading!
(Can you believe July is almost over?) 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Aww that's nice that he stopped! And clicked over to your tumblr-- you got some great action shots there :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you and your friends had a fabulous time!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, July is almost overrr, and i love all the photos dear, and such a cool places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photos!

    from helen at thelovevcatsinc.com

    ps. my cute Dahlia coat giveaway worth £80 ends soon! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this band before, but goodness he is cute! Also, it's lame that they didn't inform you about the reservations, but it all worked out in the end right? And being right up front is great!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so fun! Glad you got to get really close to the stage, must have been a super awesome experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a good time. Happy you could get into the show and so close to the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the end, everything turned out even better than expected then! So cool that you got a little meet-and-greet with the band members and that you found a front-row spot. Luck you! xo

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig