7.15.2014

dreams

Recently, a couple dreams of mine came true. On Saturday, I went on a very impromptu trip to New York City for a fashion show.
A few Indian designers came over to the States to showcase their recent work on the Splendid Indian Closet Fashion Tour. One of my favorite designers Masaba Gupta was also there (she actually stood right next to me at one point but I did not have much of a chance to talk to her. I was also very nervous and starstruck so...) and I was able to see her designs go down the ramp right in front of me. 
It was amazing. 
I did take a few photos on my phone, but they're of crap quality so just trust that everything was seriously gorgeous. 
That night, I came home to find out that I was chosen to rep my university's style on Seventeen Magazine's website. (I do have a screenshot photo of this!)

The piece featured CollegeFashionista Style Gurus from thirty-some states to discuss the style on their campuses. I am super proud of this and so grateful to my internship over at CollegeFashionista for opening doors like this one for me. I look forward to more great opportunities! Do go check out the other featured Style Gurus -- they're all awesome!
If you'd like, check out my page on CollegeFashionista to see what I've written so far for my columns. (Click here, or click on the button on the side bar) This semester, I'm taking inspiration from runway shows and applying it to my personal style for the STYLE GURU STYLE piece every Tuesday.
Ahh overall, this weekend has been a very fashion-friendly one.
As for updating this space, it's still going to be a bit slow. My weekdays are spent on rotations (no innovative outfits, as I've mentioned in previous posts) and at the gym these days and I don't get home in time to be able to wear a proper outfit and take photos. But this weekend might make for some blog-friendly activities, if things work out. So keep an eye out for that.
Enjoy the rest of the week, everyone, and thanks for reading! 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ahhh, what an awesome accomplishment!!!! Congrats :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the feature, love your military shirt & would you like to follow each other
    on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know!
    & keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature! Love your outfit there, nice pants xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Sampada :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the feature! That outfit looks lovely on you x

    www.steffysstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what an exciting time for you! :) congrats on the feature! such a great accomplishment! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig