7.07.2014

style inspiration || summer || 2

I make a playlist on Youtube every season and the first song on this summer's playlist is "You're Not the One" by Sky Ferreira. I saw her last fall when she opened for Vampire Weekend, along with Solange. Her performance was amazing, but I was really impressed by her presence. I often find myself trying to embody a carefree but confident persona, and while I fail miserably, she nails that attitude on the head.This is particularly evident in the video for the song mentioned above. (My favorite part is around a minute in, when she does this little dance that is basically my life goal.) So although I am clad in a white coat and proper, professional wear this July, I am constantly pretending that I am wearing ultra cool outfits like hers in the video. 
summer concert
(product listing here)
I have a Drowners (Fun Fact 1: I had their album on repeat for two weeks straight. Fun Fact 2: The lead singer Matt Hitt walked right in front of us while we were sitting on the festival grounds at Gov Ball. We got to check seeing a band member out in the open off our list.) concert coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm at a loss for what to wear. I might try to channel Sky and make an attempt at this outfit, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the end. I'll be documenting that on this blog, most probably, so watch this space. 

P.S. How cool are those Acne Pistol booties? 
P.P.S. I'm definitely adding the Nirvana fragrances by Elizabeth and James to my perfume purchase list. 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hmmm, I will have to check out this song and video! Love the outfit set you came up with it <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those booties! They are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sky Ferreira! My favorite song from her is Everything is Embarrassing. And this outfit is so perfect, I want those boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving what you’ve come up with, great look.

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig