6.12.2013

cutoffs and a story

DSCN0217_3
top -- Kohl's; cutoffs -- DIY, old; sneakers -- F21

Clearly I love my cutoffs, but I can assure you, I am not a never-nude (AD anyone?). Here I am sporting yet another pair. Funny story about these: they used to be my favorite pair of jeans a few years back. One day, my friends and I were playing touch-football on a open field of grass and the game got a bit aggressive. A friend of mine, who was on the other team and was not afraid to be a bit rougher with me (which I appreciated because he actually treated me like another player and not just a girl, and realized that I was serious about the game...well, as serious as touch-football gets), pushed me and I fell. No biggie, I wasn't hurt or anything because it was on grass, but my jeans apparently couldn't take it (I know, I was a loser for playing in jeans, but the game was an impromptu decision) and completely ripped at the knees.

DSCN0218_1

I wore them around for a bit, hoping that the unsightly rip would pass as a trendy distress in the denim. Eventually, the hole just got way too big and I had to just chop it off.

DSCN0219_1

And that is the story behind my cutoffs. 

-Rose
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Hey, they make for cute cut offs at least :)
    Haha, love that last photo of you sitting in the grass. So pretty!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love the florala nd your cutoffs!

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy, you're so pretty! I love you're top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, at least you got a cute pair of cut offs :) I love the top! So girly and pretty

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    thanks for your visit and your lovely comment!
    Beautiful look! I love jeans shorts and floral prints :)
    x Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for DIYing your ripped jeans into these cute shorts! ^^ Loved the story, and I believe I've had quite something similar happen to me as a kid. But my mom never turned my jeans into short. Nope, she put those horrible out-of-fashion patches over the rips! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit and lovely pictures! xx Maylis

    http://onelittlefrenchie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig