Hey everyone. As you may have noticed, we changed the blog name (and layout) to something that better represents us.
We're so excited to announce reaching 100 posts! So, this is a somewhat special post, a little different from what we've done before. Enjoy :)
Where do you live?
Rose and Violet: In lovely New Jersey.
Rose: Do not listen to the media...the Garden State is wonderful!
Violet: I actually can't picture any other place being home.
How did you meet?
Rose: Our families have been friends for the longest time, so we've been buddies forever. When we both realized we had an undying passion for fashion (as corny as that sounds), we got together. To be honest, Violet is one of my best friends, and I don't know what I'd do without her.
Violet: We have been friends for as long as I can remember. Our love of fashion is what really brought us together, and we have been so close ever since then. It's funny how we can just spend hours talking about nothing and probably even long about just fashion in general. She is practically my sister, and I can't imagine life without her.
What are your thoughts on blogging with a partner vs. solo blogging?
Rose: It's not as bad as it sounds. We're both pretty relaxed, but I suppose once we get into a regular blogging schedule, it might be a little difficult planning posts and getting them on time. I suppose it would be easier and more manageable to blog on your own, but I don't think I'm going to leave Violet just yet (or let her go!)
Violet: Initially we wanted to do this blog together, because we thought it would be a faster why to see each other our outfits. Rose and I don't live close by, so that was our main reason. Now I love having a partner is all of this. It's nice to have someone to lean on. Sure sometimes is gets a little hectic with the coordinating, but it's fun.
What do you both do in your free time?
Rose: I sing, write and waste time on tumblr, and read other fashion blogs (it's literally my favorite activity) and daydream. A lot. Too much, actually. I also LOVE to do anything crafty so, I'm constantly making things...My new obsession is knitting!
Violet: I'm a nerd. Reading is my life (aside from fashion of course). I read anything books, magazine, stories online, articles. Not going to lie, I have a sweet tooth for anything romantic. As embarrassing as it is, I'll never grow out of it. Sewing is something else I try to squeeze in. I'm not that great, but being behind the sewing machine is just so much fun.
How would you describe your style?
Rose: Umm...I can't really. It's a jumble of everything! I would just say quirky and eclectic would be apt words.
Violet: I really want to answer this question with one word, but I can't! I love to experiment with anything I can get my hands on. I also the kind of person that gets bored really quickly, so I don't know if I will ever have one specific style. I guess I'm just a fan of all styles.
If you could wear only one designer/label for the rest of your life what would it be?
Rose: Oh gosh, this is tough. I love Alexander McQueen way too much...but if I had to pick one designer label to wear everyday for the rest of my life, it might be either Erin Fetherston or Rag & Bone or Band of Outsiders or Orla Keily or Lauren Moffat or Behnaz Serafpour....I don't know, I can't pick! Or maybe Miu Miu? Ahhhhh...
Violet: I'm also a huge fan of Alexander McQueen, but I can't see myself wearing his clothes. If I had to pick one, I would probably say Alice + Olivia. My list of favorite designers is changes frequently, but they are always there!
Of NY/London/Milan/Paris Fashion Week, which is your favorite?
Rose: I love them all! Sorry, I don't have a favorite. They're all fabulous. Okay fine, I don't really pay much attention to Milan but...that's just because...I don't know why. Nothing against the city or the shows, but it's just not a fashion week I cared much for. Hmm..
Violet: I love all of them, but New York is at the top of my list. I feel like since it's so close it is the place I need to dive into first.
How old are you?
Rose: Nineteen.
Violet: Sixteen
What's your favourite city?
Rose: Hyderabad, India first and foremost...Then NYC for sure.
Violet: Defiantly in love with London and NYC. I do love going back to the villages of India though.
And now, the rest of the post!
Violet:
Fashion Week is monumental. All of these new ideas and techniques are brought out, and it's at this time that I feel so inspired. As I said in the question, I'm always looking for something new, so Fashion Weeks idea to build off of.
I decided that I would show you guys exactly how I was by inspired these different designers:
One of the big things I really love is how designers mix colors that don't usually go so well together. I tried to incorporate that into my outfits. Personally, I found that it worked best when you have a neutral colored belt breaking them apart which is how Diane Von Furstenberg did it.
Layering I feel, is always in. When I saw it being done on the runway with skirts and dress, I was sold. I decided to use this blue skirt, and make it more fun. Color blocking was my consistent theme, so I used this lemon green sweater. Out of all the outfits, that one is my favorite.
I really hope to add more and more to my style in the future. Change is always fun right?
Also, I realized I never did a Fall List, so here it is!
Rose:
Valentino
Naeem Khan
Chloé
(all photos from style.com)
Other favorites that I didn't have enough time to make collages on were:
- Behnaz Serafpour
- Bottega Veneta
- Emilia Wickstead
- Band of Outsiders
- Prada
- Temperley London
(Click on the link below the set for product details...All can be found on the Sephora website).

So what was your favorite part of fashion week? Did any of you attend any shows?
What are your beauty favorites for this season?
----
Thank you to everyone for staying with us for over a year now. Our readers do mean a lot to us!
We hope to make this blog even more enjoyable for you in the future.
Lots of love from,
Rose and Violet





"wasting time on tumblr..." LOL yeah girl!! I'm glad you're not afraid to admit it. ;) I totally waste so much time there, too, but hey, it's a good way to pass the time, no?? <3
ReplyDeleteAll those fall items look delicious! I really like that dog sweater--oh gosh!
&& of course, congrats on 100 posts, you two. :)
yay congrats for 100 great posts!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely blog, young ladies!!! I shall try to check back ... with love from an Edison, NJ native <3
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 100th post. I like the new name/look. This was really informative and fun!
ReplyDeleteK, you two are so cute! You make me miss my best friends who are so far away! I love your blog. It's darling! :)
ReplyDelete