6.21.2012

birthday heat wave

111_4335

Yesterday was my birthday. I was originally not looking forward to it because I was in a generally crummy mood the few days before and I did not want to fake happiness for my birthday. The morning was semi-rough, as I still felt really blue (for some inexplicable reason too) but after a lovely surprise at lunch (my best friend and my brother planned to surprise me at a restaurant) the day got much better. 

I made the headband in the above photo, by the way, and I can't say I'm not proud of it. It is really pretty, and so easy too! All you need are some silk flowers, or those tiny paper flowers you find in the bridal section of craft stores (I got mine at the dollar store), a headband, and a glue-gun (with a glue stick in it, of course). And you just pluck the silk flowers and clip the paper ones (if they are attached to florist wire or something) and just glue away in any arrangement you'd like! 

111_4334

Please, do ignore the one toenail on each foot that I couldn't quite peel the nail polish off completely. (Bad habit, I know). Oh, and that ashy patch...I'm quite accident prone. 

111_4333

top, skirt -- f21; sandals -- kohl's; headband -- diy

And this was my birthday outfit. You guys saw both pieces (and shoes) in the last post...And no, I have no idea what that purple line thing is on my arm. Something was on the camera lens I suppose. 

Did anyone else suffer the awful heat wave yesterday (that's continuing today) ?

-Rose

-----------

P.S. OUR 100TH POST IS COMING UP! I can't believe that Violet and I have gotten so far. Of course, we would like to thank our readers for sticking with us and making this blog possible. But, before I dive into an immensely thankful speech, we have one favor to ask of you guys.

ASK US ANYTHING.

For our 100th post, Violet and I will be doing something special for you, and it comes in two parts. Part A is a secret, but Part B requires YOUR QUESTIONS.

If you have any curiosities about us and/or our blog, feel free to drop a comment and ask away!! 

Thanks!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. happy belated birthday!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I love love love love love love love that headband. LOVE IT. haha, sorry, but it's just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great Birthday! The flower headband is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw happy belated birthday!!! :) your toenails are sooo cute :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy birthday!! I'm glad it turned out to be a sweet one for you:) Gorgeous headband! I really can't get enough of these in the summer time!

    xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your orange sandals are so cute!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a happy birthday! And those sandals are so cute!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthsay!!!
    such a great outfit! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the top! It's so good and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig