7.02.2012

My Work in Progress

For a long time now, I have really wanted to make my own dress from scratch. I usually always cut skirts to make them shorter or something like that, but I wanted to make one completely on my own. It's proving it be very hard!


I just recently started, but I haven't finished it. That one of my biggest problems. I always start things, but never actually finish them. So far I have started two bags and this dress. They are all still in the "in progress" stage. I'm determined to finish this one though!



I found a great tutorial for the circle skirt so I have been using that. It's actually so easy to follow, and explains everything very well. This is the link if you are looking to make one: HERE




The top was a little bit harder. I used one of my other dresses as a template, and made a pattern out of it. I didn't account for the seam allowance, so its a lot smaller! I have to go and re-cut that. Hopefully it comes out better next time.


So this is what it looks like so far. I still have to fix the top part, hem the sleeves area, and actually attach the two pieces. I was looking to put some cutouts in the shoulder area. Also there is going to be a zipper in the back, so I have to actually go out and buy that. With any luck it will be finished by the end of the month. I'm giving myself more time in hopes that I will follow through with it.


This is the fabric up close. It looks better than it seems. Anyway wish me luck!

-Violet
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. that dress looks fantastic, bro! so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute print, I was making a shirt just then ! hehe
    thanks for sharing it hun!

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this project! Making things from a patterns tricky, my mom tried to teach me how when I was a kid but always ended up finishing my dresses! Putting in collars is the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great! I really like the colors in the print. It's so summery and fun!

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig