8.01.2012

city girl at heart

DSCN0308

Although New York City intimidates me, it makes me realize how much I love city life. There's always something going on. I know that in the future, I'd love to live in the city...if not NYC, some other. 



DSCN0296 
On Monday, my best friend, my brother, and I went to the city, hoping to catch the Prada/Schiaparelli exhibit at the Metropolitan, but the museum was closed. I suppose we should have kept its hours in mind before we left. Then we went to find this man's secret bookstore, which we found and rang the buzzer  of, but he didn't respond. I was very disappointed that he wasn't home. We also went to Chelsea Market, which is a food haven. Absolutely wonderful. 
DSCN0297 
Of course, I had to see what all the craze about macarons was so we went to try some at Lauduree...but by "some," I mean one each because that's all we could afford! I must say, those cookies were worth the $2.70 I paid (for ONE, mind you!). Delicious. I bought rose petal, my brother bought coffee, and my best friend bought strawberry...they were absolutely scrumptious. But one step into the store, and we knew we didn't belong. It was just too posh!  DSCN0286

DSCN0288

DSCN0285

DSCN0284

DSCN0282

DSCN0281

And along Madison Avenue, there were all these fancy designer stores (the likes of Celine, Chloe, Bottega Veneta, Ralph Lauren, etc.) but this gown in the Ralph Lauren (I think...) display window caught my eye. Love the gown, don't quite appreciate the protruding ribs on the mannequin...kinda kills the appeal of the dress.
DSCN0291
Ignore my frumpy look in my full outfit picture...it was taken at the end of the day (smart of me, right?) after sweating and getting lots of blisters. But, I must say, I really do love this outfit.

How have all of you been? I know it's been a while since Violet and I have posted, but...we've just been busy not being busy.

It's a lazy life.

-Rose

----

P.S. OUR 100TH POST IS COMING UP! I can't believe that Violet and I have gotten so far. Of course, we would like to thank our readers for sticking with us and making this blog possible. But, before I dive into an immensely thankful speech, we have one favor to ask of you guys.
ASK US ANYTHING.
For our 100th post, Violet and I will be doing something special for you, and it comes in two parts. Part A is a secret, but Part B requires YOUR QUESTIONS.
If you have any curiosities about us and/or our blog, feel free to drop a comment and ask away!! 
Thanks!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed New York :). I love your midi skirt. Such a flattering style on you.

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww cute outfit! i am totally in love with NYC. i wish i could visit there!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the color of your skirt!!
    And yea, the city scares me a bit too, but it would be so fun to live there :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color blocking! Love all the blues mixed together broken up with a contrasting hue like that beautiful messenger...Global and chic hun! Great look!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it intimidates you, it's meant for you! hahaha. :D Or something like that. But at least you know what you love!

    I like how you're wearing two shades of blue here. They look so good together! I really need to try something like that... thanks for the inspiration. :) Also, your hair is so gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun photos! Those cookies DO look amazing. I've never tried...but maybe someday! I loved this post about an adventure in the city, that is my favorite kind of day, checking out all sorts of shops with friends! Beautiful outfit too-the colors are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photographs
    Looks and sounds like you had a great time, even if the museum was closed
    Love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I still haven't tried the macarons at Laduree! I don't know what I'm waiting for..

    Happy Sunday! :)

    ♡jilly
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've colorblocked your outfit with the cool toned pieces. The skirt is simply gorgeous! NYC is such an amazing place. I definitely miss the city - I used to live in Philly and always jump at the chance I can to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh NYC is so fun!! we are headed there for NYFW and are so excited! love ur outfit

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour combo you wore here! very pretty - I'd love to live in NY too. what a dream!

    xoxo danni

    http://hellodenj.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig