8.27.2012

Into the City

Ok first I want to start of by saying how incredibly sorry I am for not posting as much as I nearly should. My summer has been extremely dull. I honestly would have bored you with my pointless rambling on how summer sucks. But it's getting better now!

My extended family made an appearance this past week, and we took a trip out to New York. The one thing you should know about my family is that we are loud. And obnoxious. So it was quite the trip!





I've never been to Chinatown. I have been coming to New York for many years, but Chinatown and I have never crossed paths. This time we all made sure to check it out. Although I wasn't able to actually look at the stores or every get that deep into it (because of the little kids in the family), it was still pretty cool. My grandma came with us, and she was working her bartering magic like crazy. It was pretty epic. 

People always say that people in New York are so mean, and I don't disagree. That day this really nice lady tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at my bag which I, the naive, little suburbian girl, didn't close. She probably saved my life. 


You just can't go to New York without hitting up Fifth Ave. We actually had a reason to go there for the first time other than blowing some cash. My little cousin has this American Doll that she kind of screwed up, so she wanted to send it to the hospital. I really wish I was the one that came up with this American Doll business, but I swear little girls go CRAZY over these things. The store is like its own little utopia.



After that we finished there, we kind of just hung out around Fifth Ave looking at the store. We didn't have enough time to actually go inside all of them. Saks was the only place we were able to get into. The place is just so high end that it legit scares me. I decided that one day I would dress up like a major posh person and just walk in and pretend I can afford everything. With a classy black dress, and pearls, I think I shall do it one day. 








By the way, do you guys like my copper ring? I took Jewelry Design last year, and we learned how to make rings. They are soo hard to do. It took me like a couple days to do this one. 


And those are my new shoes!

I promise to be back with more posts soon. We are taking a trip to Quebec, so hopefully I will be able to get some outfit pictures then! I'm actually really excited for this trip. Mostly because my family doesn't really take vacations. My brother is in college so he always has sometime going on. 

Before I end this I wanted to remind you guys that: 

OUR 100th POST is coming up! I actually cannot believe we are already at a hundred, that just amazing. Thanks to everyone that reads/looks at our blog!

For the hundredth post we were planning on doing something special. For part of it we need your questions. So if you want to ask us something put it in the comments! 

Thanks! 

-Violet 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Wee!! Looks like you guys had such a great time!! I have always wanted to go to the American Girl store, it looks so fun! The only thing I don't like about AG dolls now is there are too many, I liked it when there were only like 5, ha ha...
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loud and obnoxious family trips are the best! ;) Wouldn't have them aaany other way!

    Looks like you had fun though. Hope you got to do lots of shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is so pretty and I love those shorts. The sandals are a nice touch! I've only been to NYC in the winter. I would love to go in the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look pretty! :)

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/
    I have a giveaway right now by the way, join if you want to! :)
    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.hu/2012/08/giveaway-win-50-coupon-from-efoxcity.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blouse! its so pretty and fun :) wonderful photos :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post, your blog is lovely!

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that colorful shirt

    -Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had fun! Love that top!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw summer should never suck :( but at least you got to go to NY and break up the dullness a bit- I've never been but it's such a dream to go one day! And your family sounds pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig