5.17.2012

a day trip to new hope


111_4246

111_4245


111_4243

111_4241


111_4240


111_4239

111_4238

111_4235


111_4231


111_4230

111_4229

111_4225

111_4224

Last Thursday, a friend of mine wanted to take us to this little town in Pennsylvania called New Hope. I remember going there as a kid, sometime when I was nine or ten years old, crossing the bridge over from Lambertville, eating soft-serve ice cream in the sun, feeding the ducks, and waiting outside the several antique stores for my mom to be done browsing. At the time, those antique stores were such tedious little shops, but now that I went at an older age, I was able to see their appeal. 

Excuse me for some of the blurriness. I still don't have a great camera (as you can see in the first picture) and I don't even know enough about photography to try and make what I got work (I suppose I cannot blame the camera entirely...). Besides, the lighting was pretty awful in some parts of the store, and my hand wouldn't stop shaking because everything was so cluttered, I was afraid I would knock something over! But I was only able to take photos in one store, but I was lucky that it was the most charming one out of all the ones we visited...and the first. The other stores had strict rules against photography; one even threatened that use of cameras will make zombies eat our brains...eerie.

To all the college goers, how are/were finals? I hope summer's kicking off well!

To the rest of you, how are you all?

-Rose 

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Love the beautiful antique boxes!

    http://myveryownoneyearproject.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh looks like such an awesome store!! love vintage/antique shops :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so weird that some of the stores wouldn't let you take pictures. Although I don't think they can really ban pictures legally.. Oh well it's probably best to not anger them!
    The pictures you did take look like it was a really cool little store though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love antiquing, I definitely would have caved for that adorable French book.

    Mallory
    whitwatwear

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cute vintage finds! Love looking at those tins :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfit!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely pictures!! I tend to take sneaky pics when I'm out anitque-ing because the store owners get a little iffy when they see someone with a camera in their stores!

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net
    Shabby Apple $50 Giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun!

    Where are you two located?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love antique stores! Great photos!
    And thanks so much for commenting & following my blog! I am following you back with pleasure!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. O I love all those vintage things!!! You look awesome in your outfit :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fun antiquing trip.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your photos!

    --Izumi
    HYBRID HUNTER

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig