6.18.2014

true summer vibez

monroe-1

monroe-2 monroe-4
I was not so sure about the whole overall trend that started up recently, but after hearing good things about the American Eagle shortalls, I decided to give it a go. I somehow got these on a super discount, but I think that I'd have done the original price justice anyway because of how much wear I will get out of them. They are a little baggier (even after exchanging for a smaller size) than expected, but I appreciate the breathability they offer.
Anyway, I spent the day with one of my best friends and she was kind enough to take photos for me. She got all artsy with the petals, but I'm glad she did because I love the result. The pink and the green work so well together.
monroe-5 monroe-6
When we were avoiding the ridiculous heat by staying indoors, we made some delicious salad and guacamole to go with my friend's olive bread (which is readily available at Costco, and I highly recommend you all try). It was a perfectly light meal -- we couldn't stop gushing over how summery it was.
I love how meaningful just spending quality time with friends can be. We didn't do anything special really, but it was just having each other's company that was satisfying. I always catch myself yearning for a quintessential summer hangout, not unlike those described in YA realistic fiction and romantic comedies, and I think this day nailed it. 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oooh, I'm going back to AE to try and hunt these down...haha, they look so cute! And I love how everyone's been wearing them on their blogs lately. <3
    Great summer piece!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable outfit, i just love those overalls!
    x


    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your outfit!

    L.A

    www.itsaboutla.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look! I like how you put on your outfit and look chic! Anyways, would you like to follow each other? Let me know :)

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty dear!! Love especially your shoes ♥

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig