5.22.2014

pineapple smooches

haul1
haul2
Lame title, I know.
I am not really sure what sort of aesthetic I am leaning towards these days, but I seem to be gravitating towards neutrals. As much as I hate to admit it, I am feeling super inspired by the normcore trend. It's not so much the actual looks that I admire, but more so the freshness of comfort. I guess it's more about the essence of normcore, rather than the look's typical clothing elements.
Also, I was in dire need of some basics--the striped tee, the black and white v-necks, the crop tops, and the circle skirt. But, I allowed myself to have some fun via fruity and kissy prints.
Now to style these and not feel body-conscious will be a feat to accomplish...but I'm working on it. Funnily enough, I don't care so much about the cropped pieces displaying my not so washboard abs as I do about exposing my legs, but I'm on that acceptance and self-love journey. Hopefully, it goes smoothly.
Also, I'm in the market for a new camera lens. I love my 50mm but I had to get on a ladder to take these photos. Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

-Sampada

P.S. Thank goodness for finals being over. That was a rough semester and I hope to never go through such hell again. I hope all is well with you.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love these basics! Especially the cropped striped tee!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those basics are super, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great basic pieces :) I love the pineapple shirt.

    www.sarahjaihelee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want a lens for taking pics, try something that has a focal length of 15mm through (x)mm. Basically, the human eye "sees" at a focal length of 22mm (but not really because it's curved) so anything below that should function "similar" to a human eye. Does that make any sense? Haha, but maybe like a 15mm-85mm with a f/3.5-5.6 just for something standard that zooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pineapples are the cutest! <3

    ReplyDelete

© Sampz and Such. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig