Yesterday I went to New York City (yet again) to check out the Union Square Christmas Market that everyone (the likes of Jen and Bonnie) has been raving about. I love markets, and I love the holiday season...so something that incorporated both was obviously going to be right up my alley. So after we hit up Washington Square Park and wandered around the NYU area, I dragged my brother and cousin to the market, and oh my, it was absolutely amazing!
The trees were all decorated, there were choirs and a capella groups singing carols, little kids running around in excitement, and there were stalls selling hot chocolate, coffee, tea, apple cider, eggnog, and mulled wine around every corner.
The warmth and cheer was just too much for me, but not in a bad way! I was just overjoyed after the experience.
I must say that although the market was lovely to browse, the prices (because most items were handmade) were way too high, at least for a broke college kid like me.
Violet and I did manage to muster up some moolah in order to thank all of you lovely readers. Yes, it's our very first giveaway! We seriously cannot thank you all enough for staying with us for the past year. We're not a very big blog (yet) but we wouldn't have been able to come even this far without any support from people who are lovely enough to read and give feedback on what we have to say.
Once again, thank you so much!
These are the goodies that one lucky reader will be winning:
The trees were all decorated, there were choirs and a capella groups singing carols, little kids running around in excitement, and there were stalls selling hot chocolate, coffee, tea, apple cider, eggnog, and mulled wine around every corner.
The warmth and cheer was just too much for me, but not in a bad way! I was just overjoyed after the experience.
I must say that although the market was lovely to browse, the prices (because most items were handmade) were way too high, at least for a broke college kid like me.
Violet and I did manage to muster up some moolah in order to thank all of you lovely readers. Yes, it's our very first giveaway! We seriously cannot thank you all enough for staying with us for the past year. We're not a very big blog (yet) but we wouldn't have been able to come even this far without any support from people who are lovely enough to read and give feedback on what we have to say.
Once again, thank you so much!
These are the goodies that one lucky reader will be winning:
So one of you will be winning the pretty bow clip and the three chevron/zig-zag rings above. I think these are super pretty and make really nice gifts!
Giveaway Rules:
1. Follow us on Google Friend Connect (you can find the follow button on the sidebar -->)
2. Leave a comment below about your favorite thing about the holidays (don't forget to leave a name and email address so we can get back to you!)
***Open to United States readers only. So sorry about this tiny inconvenience, but we're working our way up. Maybe one day we'll have an international giveaway!
Once again, thank you so much for being wonderful!
Good Luck!
-Rose




my favorite thing is the cold weather :)
ReplyDeletemy email: aj.lovve@yahoo.com
i love your blog xx
My favorite thing about the holidays is having all my family together! :)
ReplyDeleteName: Alana
alanasaurussrex@yahoo.com
+ I followed on Google Friend Connect!
Oh how fun! I really need to do more of the Christmas stuff in the city! But I always seem to be too tired after work
ReplyDeletehttp://www.closet-fashionista.com/
Love NYC at Christmas! Great photos :)
ReplyDeleteAnnie
not a US reader but aw i love the pictures!
ReplyDeletehttp://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/
ah-mazing!
ReplyDeletexx,
NV
www.theblogture.com
Those chevron rings are so cute! And my favorite thing about Christmas and the holidays is getting time off of work to spend with friends and family :D
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love those dainty rings, and thanks for the great comment on my blog!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing about the holidays is staying home from school and being with family.
Thanks so much for hosting this giveaway, wish me luck!
x
cathy
gotcathy@gmail.com
This is amazing! I hope you had fun!
ReplyDeleteFollowing on GFC
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part about the holidays is dressing up for the parties :)
And all the soup!
Yasmeen
castlefashionblog@gmail.com
My favorite thing has to be the Christmas lights. Just the presence of their soft glow makes Christmas a bit brighter!
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Meeshellunderground@gmail.com
Thanks!
ooh that's some really cool stuff!!
ReplyDeleteoh god, you're so lucky you live close enough to NYC that you can go whenever. I was there for the first time about two months ago and completely feel in love with it. These are such pretty pictures and it looks like you had a very festive time :)
ReplyDeletegotta love the holidays! I must check this mart out :)
ReplyDeletexx mili
callmemaeby.blogspot.com/